Fluffy Clouds

Ryuuichi sighed. He pushed his bangs back and leaned against the door, waiting for his brother. They were late for school, which the thought itself was already horrifying since Hibari Kyouya exist, but they couldn't do anything about it. They rather go against an angry prefect than against the group of crazy fangirls Yuuichi has.

Said fangirls were all creeps, no offense, but Ryuuichi was afraid of them. He wouldn't if they were merely interested in his brother. But no, they just had to be interested in him as well and make it very, very obvious. On normal days, everything would be fine, but it is Valentine's Day.

The chocolates aside, Ryuuichi once overheard a senior saying that she would put her hair into the chocolate and give it to his brother. The moment he saw his brother receiving the chocolates, he snatched it and threw it into the incinerator, ignoring the girl's squawks. He fortunately did, because the moment the package was in the incinerator, a grey fume flowed out and promptly exploded. He was officially scared for Yuuichi.

They might just not make it out alive today.

He sighed again and called out. "Yuu. Are you done?" A thump was heard from upstairs along with a series of light footsteps. Yuuichi emerged from the stairs, looking absolutely reluctant to step out of the house.

"Must we go today?"

Ryuuichi frowned at the whine. He, too, wanted to stay at home, but they were missing school too much already. He was missing school too much. He couldn't miss any more of it. That, and just the mere petty reason to skip school would enrage the Skylark more than he would be. Either way, it was a die-die situation.

Again, they might not make it out today.

"We'll die if we go out, we'll die if we don't. What do you think?" Yuuichi groaned, putting on his shoes. Ryuuichi shook his head at his brother's antics and pulled his hoodie up. Yuuichi did the same as well, the same time Ryuuichi opened the door and they both walked out of the house warily. "We'll be going now!"

"Stay safe!" Sakura's head popped out from the living room as she giggled. Her sons were so adorable.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As expected, when they stepped onto the school ground, Hibari was there, standing like a vengeful, furious bird he is. The prefect had raised an eyebrow upon seeing them, not expecting them to be late.

Ryuuichi took one look at the prefect, another at the windows to the classrooms and sighed. He pushed his hoodie off and raised both of his hands, surrendering. Yuuichi, who was behind him, cast him a strange look, but was too wary of his surroundings. "Um, we have a reason..?"

"Said reason is?"

Ryuuichi pointed at one of the windows, where a girl was staring at them with a creepy grin on her face. Hibari glanced at the pointed direction to see two more girls joining the first, all giggling. He narrowed his eyes at them, glaring. They noticed his glare and immediately turned back to class.

Oh he knew what was going on. Why wouldn't he? (Last year was incredibly crazy, and he was expecting a gift this year.) He didn't like them. He didn't care about the younger twin's admirers, he was annoyed at the older twin's one. Had they not realize that one is his? (No, they didn't. He and Ryuuichi just started like a week ago, and they didn't even make it obvious to public eyes. Hibari, please.)

But it was no excuse of the twins to be late just to avoid the girls.

"And this." He looked at Ryuuichi's raised phone, where a video of a neon pink package being thrown into the incinerator. And the explosion. He gave the twins a deadpanned look, just as they returned a similar one. He twitched. "Get going."