Chapter Two - Farm House in the Woods

"What time do you think it is Anna Janeway?" I yelled to wake up Anna.

She groaned and almost yelled back, "Time to go and sleep!"

I rolled my eyes and shook her shoulders.

We were having a sleepover after our exams and Anna was a deep sleeper.

And so was Elise.

"Elizabeth McKellen wake up!" I yelled at Elise, who, thankfully jolted up in bed.

"Agh what time is it?" She asked stretching.

"Time for waking up." I said.

She got up and went to the bathroom, while Anna sat straight and stretched.

"Girls! Breakfast!" Mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I went downstairs and Beth followed, while Anna went to the washroom.

I was drinking my orange juice when Anna joined us, her hair tied up in a messy bun.

''Girls, I wanted to talk about something.'' Mom said.

Hearing her serious tone, we froze in our position and looked up at her.

She didn't realize that, so when she turned around, she jumped up a little seeing three pairs of eyes staring right at her.

''My god girls, it's nothing serious!'' she said laughing and we sighed it relief.

''Gave us a good scare, Mrs.P.'' said Anna as she poured some milk in the bowl.

''Lara, remember the farm house?'' She asked as she passed a plate of pancake at me.

''In the woods? You had some work done there recently." I said.

Yes I remembered. It was my grandma's house. But we lived together now. Although right now she's out travelling with her friends somewhere she called her 'Dreamland'.

''Let's go there. Invite your other friends too, girls.'' she said, turning to face my friends.

Of course, their face lit up like a light bulb.

''YES I'M GONNA GO PACK!'' Anna literally hollered but Mom grabbed her the back collar of her shirt and made her sit down again.

''Talk to your parents first, lady.'' She said in a pretentious serious voice.

We were laughing and planning the trip when the bell rang. I went to check, and when I opened the door, Ryan, Shane and Caleb barged their way in and into the kitchen.

''We could smell your wonderful pancakes from all the way down the street!'' Ryan said gleefully.

He and Anna were the most childish ones, mental age not matching their physical ones.

Mom just laughed, as I entered the kitchen. Elise went on about the plans to them and they they said they'll ask their parents.

And in the end, it was decided that Shane's , and my mom will go with us, because Shane's mom is too, single like mine.

My friends left after sometime. I helped Mom in the dishes and we playfully sang along Landslide. Mom was in a good mood, and she said how lucky I was to have friends like them.

I only said, ''I know.'' And I did.

____________________________________

''And we have arrived.'' My mom declared, stopping the car. Everyone went out the car and stretched, it was not a short journey. Shane's mom, Sharon looked at us, as if to count and then asked, ''Where's Caleb?''. We looked around and sure, Caleb wasn't there.

''That punk is sleeping in the car.'' Shane said and we all looked to check. He was in a deep sleep. Ryan went in, opened the water bottle and poured the water on Caleb's face. Poor guy jumped up with a terrified face.

''Wh-what?'' He whined.

''We're here dude. Get the hell up.'' Anna said.

''Kids, no pranks.'' Sharon said and my Mom nodded.

But then something caught her attention. We followed her gaze and yeah, we freaked out. The house was open, with lights on and it seemed like someone lived there for ages, when in reality no one did.

But our terror washed away in an instant, when we saw Grandma coming out and yelling, ''Oi! Aren't you getting in? The food's getting cold!''

My face lit up as I yelled, ''Grandma!'' and ran over to hug her.

''Lara!'' she said and hugged me tightly. ''You've gone thinner!''

I laughed as I hugged her. ''You're here, you're done visiting Dreamland?''

''Yes. When I heard about your trip, I decided on coming here. My god your laughing sound is like heaven!'' she said.

The others went up to greet her and she hugged everyone.

''You should've at least told me, Mom.'' Mom said as we all entered the cabin.

''Woahh.'' my friends went. I looked around, and sure, the cabin changed a lot. It was a two story. The furniture and everything was modern and beautiful.

After freshening up, we all ate lunch. Grandma was a brilliant cook, and she had prepared a feast,really.

We were sharing one room along with Elise. The guys shared one, mom and grandma one and Sharon stayed alone.

"Ahhh I feel refreshed." I heard Anna saying as I entered the room. It was past midnight.

Elise and I lied down on either side of her, the bed had enough space for the three of us.

"Where'd you go this late, Lar?" Anna asked.

"Somewhere to check up stuff." I said.

"What do we do tomorrow? " Elise asked.

"First thing you two will do is wake up early. I don't want my energy drained out in the early morning just by waking you two up." I said.

They groaned and then Elise turned off the light, darkness consuming us.
_______________________________

"Are there any stories of the woods?" Anna asked on our third night of the trip.

"I've heard some. Come on. Get up." I said as I stood up and straightened my dress.

"Where are we going?" Anna asked.

"On an adventure." I replied.

I left them after wearing my ankle boots and stopped in front of the boys'.

I reached out to knock but Ryan opened before my hand touched the door and I ended up knocking his forehead instead.

"Owh Preston!" He said as he mockingly rubbed his forehead.

"Whaddup?" Caleb said from behind.

"Dress up and come out. And don't make any noise Ry." I said to Ryan who was still pretending to be hurt and went downstairs.

My friends followed and soon, we were all downstairs, trying to make the least noise we could.
_________________________________

Youth is the best time of one's life, we hear this a lot, nah?

The ones who have said this line and agreed to it, have also went through youth.

So trust them, put your problems and stress and anxiety and everything aside, and live a little.
Ooh, and friends are the best company for it.