Chapter Five - Bean Sidhe

The next morning, Grandma came into our room to wake us up.

"Girls." She softly called out.

"Grandma?" I said as I sat straight. Elise and Anna followed.

Grandma sat on the corner of the bed and waited till we all freshened up. We came back and sat on our bed. I saw the boys were sitting on the floor, Grandma might have called them then.

"Deborah, that's the shopkeeper of the store beside the book shop, called me." She said.

We exchanged looks.
She found out.

"She told me everything. But she said something that she thought was weird." Grandma said. "Who screamed?" She asked.

Anna and Elise, looked at me, while I stared at Grandma's warm eyes.

That's right, this is Grandma.
I can tell her the truth.

"Lara. What happened exactly? And why did Deborah call me to tell me this? She was in the shop when it all happened, she was there to visit her friend. But what did she find so weird?" Grandma asked.

"I was staring, at my reflection, on a mirror. There was this long one there." I started, and my friends leaned in to hear.

"Then Caleb called out, and just as I was about to leave, I heard this weird hissing sound, coming from the dor behind. I thought, there might be a TV or something. But the sound grew louder and I realized, they were voices of people screaming. I couldn't make out what they were saying, because there were so many voices. My head syatted hurting. They came to find me, and by that time the sound was so much scaring me, I covered my ears. But the sound grew louder. I couldn't take it anymore, and I screamed before realizing it. And then we know what happened." I said and sighed.

The others were surprised by what I said, and by the look on their faces, their were trying to take it in.

Grandma looked at me, and it seemed there was something she realized. But she just sighed and told us to go downstairs for breakfast.

What the hell did just happen?

_____________________________

We were playing around in the front of the house later that day.

I turned to face the path that led me to 'The Place'. I sighed and started walking along the path.

"L, were you goin'?" Caleb asked loudly.

I turned around to see my friends staring.

"A walk." I said and continued, while they seemed to think whether they should follow or not.

They probably didn't, or even if they did they stayed out of my sight because I gave off the 'I want to be alone' vibe at that moment. I walked and walked till I reached that places.

Sun rays fell on that place. I sat on the exact same spot like before. I thought back to whay I'd dreamed, okay maybe that wasn't a dream but I played the entire scenario in my mind for the umpteenth time.

Her voice, it was still so clear.
'Bean Sidhe'. What does it mean?

I mentally hit myself for not figuring what it meant before. And made a mental note to search it up when I go back.

Oh wait, there's no Internet here. Great.

Maybe I'll ask Grandma, okay she kinda creeped me out so I'll go through the library we had.

A loud noise from behind the trees and a 'shh' was enough for me to realize, my friends had followed me.

"Come out y'all." I said and one by one, with shy faces they came in front and sat.