Chapter Seven - Back To School

I woke up to the sound of Coldplay being streamed downstairs. In a very high volume. I must have really good neighbors to not have them come knocking on the door yet right?

I groaned and sat up, stretching. After I washed up and changed I headed downstairs and the music just kept getting louder.

"Grandma aren't you troubled with the high- what the?" I was cut off this time too, but not by someone. Rather I was cut off by the scene in front of me.

Here I was worrying if Grandma felt troubled with that much sound whereas my Grandma seems to be perfectly enjoying the song and jamming to it, along with Mom, Anna and Elise.

"What are you two doing at my place this early? And mom you're not gonna go out to work?" I yelled over the high volume.

"I'm gonna go in a little late today and your friends are here to go to school with you, of course." Mom yelled back.

"Ahh seriously stop this!" I yelled and Grandma turned off the speakers.

"Did you wake up in the wrong side of the bed? Or is it because you aren't done with your beauty sleep yet?" Anna said.

"It's the first day of junior year!" Elise exclaimed gleefully.

"I'm pretty much sure that you two are the only people who are excited about going to school. Wait no, excited is an understatement. Overly excited I meant. " I replied.

They just sticked out their tongues at me.

"Hmph. Eat up and get the hell outta here girls." My Grandma said. We laughed and quickly ate up.

The ride to school was filled with Anna and Elise jamming to whatever song came up on the radio and they literally knew each and everyone of them.

This was how everything was going, as if I hadn't found out that I was something out of the ordinary just last week.

Things were so quiet. But, I felt, that something was going to happen. Of course I'm not gonna live the rest of my life normally after this new invention, I don't think I'm that lucky.

But as long as everyone pretended nothing happened, everything would seem normal.

I hoped that this 'normal' would have lasted longer that it did; which was only a few minutes before I met the guys.

"Are you dealing well?" Ryan asked.

"Not freaking out, at the very least." Anna replied in my place.

"My family is all cool and calm and I'm-I'm-" I just breathed in and out.

____________________________________
"I believe in fate." Ryan suddenly announced as we all sat together in homeroom class.

"And what caused it?" Caleb asked.

"Look around idiot. We're six people and we're in the same homeroom period? F-A-T-E ." He replied.

The others are giving wierd looks at him while pretending to scoot away from this idiot.

I rolled my eyes and said, "He's just emotional because he loves you deeply, Caleb. Just too shy to say. "

That made the others laugh while Caleb just inched away.

"Nooo don't go!" Ryan whined reaching out to pull Caleb back by the collar. Caleb only went further when Ryan sat back pouting, "I don't like you either, punk."

Everyone just rolled their eyes at the drama and our homeroom teacher called out, "Class. Attention please."

Everyone sat up straight because of course, no one wants detention on first day of school.