Chapter Four - Scream

"There's a town near here, you can drive there and buy whatever you need from the store there." Grandma said after Anna said she needed to buy some 'stuff'.

It's probably some sun cream, considering the fact that she'd been whining about running out of it the previous night.

So that, landed us friends, with Ryan driving on our way to the town. When we reached, we syarted to search for the shop. It was easy to find as there weren't many shops around.

"Grab whatever you need guys and let's head out to sightsee for a while." Shane said and we hopped out the car.

I walked to the drinks aisle and grabbed a few drinks that I know my friends and I like.

As I grabbed a few candies in the candy aisle, I heard a very very familiar voice, singing. And whoever was singing it, I knew that voice too well.

Ryan.

Okay, now singing is alright but singing a song that was for a candy ad you did when you were a kid, that's hilarious. Ryan had enjoyed it when he was little but he started despising it as he grew up.

The others made fun of him about  until he became a little too mad once and didn't talk to anyone for at least a week.

I noticed the candy, whose ad song he was singing probably standing in the aisle next to mine. A smile played on my lips as I reached out for the candy, and walked towards him, only to throw the packet at him.

"What the- hey wait I know you!" He exclaimed at the packet.

"Weren't you just confessing your love for this candy?" Elise said as she walked towards us, laughing  hysterically. The others saw and started laughing too.

Ryan turned to face me, fake hurt on his face, saying, "How could you do this Lar?" Before he also started laughing.

"Taking this." Shane said as he grabbed the packet from his hands and put it in the basket.

"Excuse me." We heard and turned to see a staff, probably a senior in high school, walking towards us.

"Yes?" Asked Caleb.

"Our manager requested you to make less noise, or no noise at all." She started, but with a smile, she added, "Personally, that was awesome but un-personally ahem sir you cannot make noise." She said in a fake serious tone.

"Sorry and thanks." Anna said as we tried to muffle our laughter, and Ryan turning into a tomato.

"Idiot." I hit the back of his head as we all seperated to see if there's anything else we need.

He rubbed the back of his head and followed me, as I picked more candies.
________________________________

We planned on driving throughout the town.

The town was not very busy. You can see people walking around here and there. The place was cool, with fresh breeze.

As we drove by a bookshop, Shane yelled to stop the car.

"Why?" We all asked.

"Goddamn stop it first!" He yelled and I stopped the car. We all faced him, waiting for him to explain.

His face broke out in a goofy smile as he started, "Well I saw this poster of a book on the glass door and I have been looking for that book for forever."

"Shane?" Anna called.

"Hm?" He replied.

"Do you realize that we're about to crack your head?" She asked calmly.