Chapter Ten - Mom

The next morning, I had told Mom and Grandma that I would tell them something later that day, before I left for school.

I couldn't hide these from them.

"Lara do you want us to fail?" I heard Shane ask, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh. Sorry." I replied and took his book from him hands.

It was homeroom period and I'd promised my friends that I'd help them in chemistry.

I really wanted to but my sweet thoughts did not let me.

"Where were we again?" I asked.

"You want to take a break?" I heard Elise ask. I shook my head replied, "It has been only ten minutes."

"You seem pretty much occupied." Caleb said.

I sighed and said, "I'll be occupied by chem now. Where were we?"
_________________________________

"Let's go to Austen's. I'm suddenly craving for their chocolate coconut thing." Anna said as we hopped into my car after school that day.

"You're always suddenly craving for something." I replied.

"All day all night baby 365'" She ignored me and tuned up Oh Nana by K.A.R.D and sang, although she didn't know the lyrics properly.

I parked outside Austen's as Anna hopped out of the car.

She slung her arm around my neck and we walked into Austen's.

"Oh na na na." She sang as I ordered our dessert.

"Bathroom." She suddenly said and stood up.

"Go then." I teased her even though I knew she was afraid to go to bathrooms of outside places alone.

"I don't want to get cursed." She said, referring to Harry Potter.

"I'm not taking the chances of it either. " she said as she tapped her foot against the marble floor impatiently.

I chuckled and went with her.

The thing about Austen's was, everything here was beautiful. The food was good, and the interior decorations and everything.  Even the bathroom.

The mirror frame was wooden, and had cute swirls around it. Fairy light were decorated all over the place.

I washed my hands and brushed my tangled hair as Anna finished up her business.

"Oh my I look so beautiful in this mirror." Anna cooed as she facrd herself in the mirror and I laughed.

She took out her phone and posed to take mirror pictures of us; the bathroom was empty of course.

"Okay we're done come now." I said taking my bag to leave. Anna pouted but that disappeared when I said, "Pudding."

She gigled and we walked out laughing and turned to see the people we didn't expect to see together, sitting in the corner.

Mom, Grandma and Melissa Everton.

Mom noticed us first and her face displayed disappointment.

Melissa followed her gaze and turned to look at us, smiling brightly; not realizing the situation.

"Girls! I wanted to talk to your mom, Lara dear." She said.

"How come you didn't tell me anything Lara?" Mom asked as we walked over to them.

She was pissed off.
Shit.
___________________

"I wanted to tell you.. when you came back home today." I tried to explain, but I knew she wasn't buying it.

We were seated in the corner,Grandma and Mom asking me questions for the past 20 minutes.

Melissa offered to drop Anna home; since Mom said she wanted to stay back and talk.

We could've just gone home first, but for some unknown reason we stayed here.

"Shanon. Do you really blame her for not telling you anything? How do you think you would've reacted if she had told you? Would you have told me if you were in her place?" Grandma tried to reason with Mom.

"Yes." Mom replied.

"Then you're just boring. What kind of teenager goes on telling her Mom everything?" Grandma joked.

"Be serious her mom. Your granddaughter, without even realizing it, was out there in the woods, being chased by hunters. I don't blame her for that, since she can't control it. But she could've just told us!" Mom scolded in a low volume.

She sighed and leaned back against the black couch. Her left feet tapping against the wooden floors, she grabbed her coffee mug and took a sip.

I felt a sudden kick followed by little pain on my shin and looked up at Grandma, who was gesturing me towards mom.

I took a deep breath and reached for mom's hand that was resting on the black glasd mug that was decorated with white hawks,and started, "Mum, I'm sorry okay? I was afraid of how you'd react to it. I really was planning to tell you, though. I'll tell you everything from now one okay? Mom?" I said in my calmest tone.

The smile that formed on Grandma's face said that she was satisfied.

But Mom wouldn't budge.

I sighed and tried again.
"Do you want me to do aegyo now?"

(A.N - Aegyo(Korean) means to display affection in a cute manner, like a child would.)

Grandma gasped at this and shook Mom's shoulder, saying, "Take up on that offer Shanon. It's a very, very rare one."

Surely, because I hated doing aegyo.

"Sa-rang-hae~" I sang cutely to my Mom.

(A.N- Saranghae (Korean) means I Love You)

Mom and Grandma both laughed at this. Seeing my mom smile at me again created a warm feeling in my heart.

"Promise?" Mom asked,
"Promise." I replied, laughing.
__________________________________

"Whatever changing or something that you wouldn't want to be caught on camera you want to do, do it in the bathroom." Anna said as Ryan fixed up a cctv camera in a corner of my room later that night.

Although I felt slightly uncomfortable at this, mom, grandma and my friends felt relieved at it.

My mom will be watching me, and be notified if anything unsual happened.

"Okay." I simply said and dropped on my bed, grabbing a candy from the nightstand.

"Thanks for helping, Anna." Ryan said sarcastically to Anna who was chewing a Mars lying on my bed.

"Okay so it's set up there, and if you start doing something psychotic, Shanon probably will be able to stop you before you end up in a death bed." Ryan rambled as he put on his shoes.

"Thanks." I replied and he left my room.

"Okay then, I'll have to leave too. He'll drop me off. Don't go psychotic please, L." Anna said as she stood up and straightened her dress. Taking a comb from my white dresser she brushed her slightly tangled hair and heads downstairs, but not before blowing a kiss at me.

I smiled and finished my candy, and threw the packet in the bin.

It was almost 11 and I was sleepy, and tired, something I've been a lot lately. Or maybe I've been like this forever, and am realizing it just now.

I brushed my teeth and changed into an oversized white full sleeved tshirt  and pastel purple shorts.

I lied down and let out a deep breathe. Covering myself with my black comforter that has a white wolve on it, I drifted off to sleep.
____________________________________

Sometimes telling our parents stuff removes a huge burden from our shoulders. It feels good.