Chapter Thirteen - Weisenheim High

Later that evening, I sat on the couch next to Mom and Grandma. The t.v was turned on, and we were watching the news.

Not one of our daily tasks., but the news displayed the story of the dead man whom we found in the woods. Apparently, he was a 'weapon dealer'. He was arrested few months back, and he had escaped.

"He is assumed to be murdered, by his customers, or suppliers, whoever is linked with illegal weapon trading. To keep him silent, he is assumed to be murdered by one of them. The police are trying their best to find the killer." The redhead lady went on about him.

"This won't do. You kids aren't practicing or training or doing anything in those woods anymore." Mom sighed as she sipped her tea.

"But we need a place Mom. We-" I started.

"That place doesn't have to be the forest, Lara. We'll all try and find a new place for you kids. Till then, take a break or something." Mom replied as she stood up and walked upstairs to her room.

I leaned back on the couch and turned to face Grandma, who just shrugged.

"I'll go back to my room, then." I said before I stood up and stretched.

As I flopped down on my bed, I reached out for my phone from the nightstand and texted the others about what mom said.

No one replied. Maybe they were busy.

I thought about Ashley. She's the third person whom I've found out to be like me, and the first person after I found out about myself. She seemed so afraid earlier. I wondered what she was doing at the moment, in her home.

Wait, no.

But Weisenheim High was her home right? I wondered how her life was.

Walking over to my desk, I sat down on the white chair and took out my copy of Pride and Prejudice.

I had a schoolwork to catch up on, but I couldn't stop thinking what Weisenheim would be like. All my life I've heard about how good that institution is. Their students won prizes in the inter-school competitions always. With a good position in both academic and curricular activities, Weisenheim was also known for its mysteriousness.

I hoped Ashley wasn't in any kind of trouble, and that she was coping up well. Would she need our help though?

My mind wandered away from my studies as I planned out the next day; I'll visit Weisenheim.
__________________________________

"You want to go where?" Elise asked as we walked into the bathroom.

"I want meet Ashley." I replied.

Anna put her bag on the counter and took out a face-wash, and asked, "Why though?"

"Why? She's alone. I'd be too, but I have you all. She probably doesn't." I replied taking out a comb from her bag.

I stare at my reflection; I was wearing a denim shirt with white top underneath and black shorts, with ankle high boots.

"She has a point." Nora said getting out of one of the stalls. "Put this on." She said passing a cherry red lipstick from her back.

"And this." Anna added handing me a mascara.

I rolled my eyes. I never put on any makeup to school by myself; while my friends carried a makeup bag with them.

"Yes I do. So are you joining me after school?" I asked putting on the makeup.

"Like we're gonna leave you alone." Anna replied as we walked out. I smiled and headed towards the cafeteria.