When I Was Your Man Pt. 3

Shit. He can only think of what to give him when he comes backhe has to get it out ofis mind. His voice, his husky sexy voice, he can't, he just can't. Dean focus, damn it. He said to himself. It can wait, his voice can wait. But can it really wait? He fixed himself and stepped out of the restroom and his phone rang.

'Sammy, where are you?' Dean said, a little bit frustrated.

'I'm here at the local precinct, their prime suspect is Hugo Wilkins, a serial killer who strikes every 3 years. Wanna come with?'

'Yeah, I'll go. Think this is our guy?'

'Could be, but we're a little low on the facts. Besides, we have to see for ourselves. We'll stop by at his place first, check and see if there's anything off.'

'Gotcha. I'll meet you down at the precinct then we'll go together.' When Dean arrived, he saw Sam talking to one of the locals, he walked towards him.

'Thank you so much for your time, appreciate it.' Sam told the officer.

'What have we got so far?' Dean asked.

'Okay, so this Hugo Wilkins killed 5 girls so far in the past 3 years including this one. I checked the pictures of the girls in the morgue and they all have the same marks which explains we're dealing with a shapeshifter, but there was one girl who stood out. The mark's not the same with the other girls. She could have fought back, it looked like it got scared or something it stopped it from hurting her.'

'If he really is a shapeshifter the girl could be wearing something silver. We'll stop by at Wilkin's first and we'll go back to the morgue.' They went in the car and drove to Hugo Wilkins' place.

'Hey, I can't help but notice, your pupils are dilated.' Dean looked confused.

'So? What about it?'

'You're aroused.' Sam smiled. 'You called him? He just woke up? Was it his sexy morning voice?' Dean closed his eyes and it felt like Castiel was whispering to his ear.

'Okay, stop. Just focus on the road.' His voice a little louder. Sam can't take his smile off his face. 'Oh, Dean. He got you so bad.'

'After this we're going back.' Dean looked at him.

'And then what? Tell him you're leaving him again? Don't you think you're being an asshole if you do that?'

'No. I---I love him, okay? I can't do that to him.'

'But sooner or later you're gonna have to come up with a decision. You can't do this forever. Going places and coming back to him, you of all people should know that. We don't settle, we just keep going and taking it as it is.' Dean was quiet. He's right, I can't do that forever.

'We're here.' Dean said. They got off and knocked on the door. No answer.

'Ill check the back.' Sam and Dean pulled out their pistols and Sam started walking towards the back door. He saw drops of blood on the floor and saw two dead squirrels sitting on a barrel. Sam lifted the lid and found residue of skins on the bottom of the barrel. 'Dean?!' He called Dean but no answer, he entered from the backdoor and started looking around. No silver. He checked the kitchen sink, take out foods, still no silver. He browsed through the kitchen drawers, no spoons, no knives, no forks, still no silver. Suddenly he heard a loud thump upstairs. 'Dean!' Still no answer. He ran upstairs and found Dean tossled some books on the floor.

'Hey, I bumped into them.' He smiled, an innocent looking smile. They withdrew their guns.

'Seems like nobody's here. No Hugo Wilkins. No silver utensils, take out foods and a couple of bottled beers. But I have something to show you.' Sam and Dean walked downstairs to check the barrel again and the two dead squirrels.

'Aw, gross, man.' Dean said.

'We still don't know if the skin belongs to him or he's keeping someone in this barrel. Or maybe he's keeping a pet shapeshifter.' Dean winked and quickly wiped away the smile.

'Possible, or he had a beef with a shapeshifter and it doesn't wanna let him go. Like, give the food or be the food.' Sam said. Dean looked around and found something.

'Sam,---' He reached for the jar that's sitting on the top shelf just above the barrel. The jar contained blue eyeballs and the nerves still attached to it.

'Extremely disgusting.' Sam said.

'Looks like our shapeshifter has a fetish. Let's go back to the precinct, I wanna check on something.' When they arrived at the precinct they asked the detectives for the files of the victims including the recent death. 'Check it, Sam. They all have blue eyes, blondes, and brunettes. We have a picky eater.' Dean chuckled, Sam stared.

'Let's go back to the motel.' He said. On the way back, he tried to call Castiel, he answered after three rings.

''Hello, Dean.'' Castiel chuckled. ''I was just thinking about you.''

''Oh really?" He smiled.

''Yeah, I miss you, you know that?''

"I miss you too. You getting ready for work?''

''Yeah, I was thinking about dropping by the gas station before going straight to work. How 'bout you?"

"Tiring. We have nothing on this case, we have no leads." Dean laid back on the bed and closed his eyes.

''I still can't imagine you're an FBI agent, someone so beautiful as you. I bet some goons just throw themselves at you." He chuckled softly.

"But you're the only goon I want. You're a beautiful goon." He smiled.

''Oh stop it, you." They both laughed. "I have to go now, I'll see you in 7 days, Dean."

"Be seeing you. Be careful."

"I will, you too." They both hung up. Dean really want things to work out for both of them even if he's away but he still comes back to him.

N/A: Yay! Already have 1K readers! yes! Thank you so much for taking some time to read my one shots. It makes me want to create more stories for you, guys! Please feel free to comment and vote (if you want to) :) God Speed, y'all!!!! Thank you so much again!!!!!