Ch. 3

"No, no, no, no, no!" Naruto says, making an 'X' with his arms.

"Here we go." I whisper to Sasuke, who nods and makes a 'tsk' noise.

"I want real missions old man, I'm had enough with these baby missions."

We had been sling the easiest and simplest of missions for the week,and the stupidest, but I got paid so that was good enough for me, though I must say, a little action once in a while wouldn't be bad.

"How dare you talk to the Hokage like that!! You-"

"It's okay Iruka," the Hokage says dismissively, "look Naruto....."

He then goes on about the ranking of the missions and how important it is for us Genin to do Genin work and stuff like that, but Naruto was too busy talking about ramen, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Hey!" the Hokage shouts, "Okay, you want a better mission, I'll give you a better mission. In this mission you will be escorting someone and make sure that they eggy home safe. This is a C-ranked mission, hope that makes you happy."

"Yes!" Naruto exclaims, "Who will we be escorting?! A princess? A-a-"

"Come on in Tazuna."

In comes a drunk man, stumbling in and holding a bottle of sake in his hand.

"These are the ninjas who will be protecting me?" He says, burping, "They're just a bunch of brats, especially the short one with a goofy look on his face."

"Haha! Who's the short one with the goofy look......" Naruto trails off once he notices that he was the shortest one out of the four of us.

"I'm going to kill him!" He shouts, jumping at Tazuna.

"Naruto," Kakashi says, stopping Naruto, "We're supposed to protect him, not kill him."

Naruto pouts and stops trying to attack Tazuna.

"Meet us in the entrance in an hour," Kakashi says lazily, "Go and get your stuff ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we were walking home, Naruto got ahead, excited for his frist trip out of town, and Sakura was going to the shop to buy something, it was only me and Sasuke.

"What do you think?" Sasuke asks, "About Tazuna."

I shrug, "Can't say much, a cliient's a client, I don't know, but he should probably drink less though."

He nods and we keep walking.

"Can I ask you something Sasuke?"

"You already did." He says.

"Har, har." I say, looking at him, "No, seriously."

He nods.

"How come you act different, you know, around me."

He stops and stares at me, "What do you mean?"

"That!" I say, pointing at his face, he archs an eyebrow.

"I mean, you show emotion, I've seen you confused, you've taken that mask off and I've seen behind it, and you actually talk to me and stuff, and I don't know, I was just wondering."

"Um," he says, "well, for one, you're part of my group now, and you aren't a fangirl, or annoying. So that's enough for me."

I smile, "Well, that's good, you're not too bad yourself."

He smirks and keeps walking, "I know."

"You sure are cocky though." I mutter, "Well, I'm going to go and head home." I say, once we get to the place where we separate.