Ch. 9

The Chunin exams are close, tomorrow to be specific.

"Some people think its not fair for your team to have four people instead of three, they think you'll have a better possibility of passing."

"That's so dumb!" Naruto exclaims, "What are you going to do? Split us up?"

"I'm afraid so." The Hokage replies.

Naruto sits back down, astounded. Sasuke's fist tightens, Sakura brings a hand up to her mouth, and Kakashi stays leaning against the wall, no emotion on his face, well....eye.

"How are we going to decide who goes?" Sakura asks.

The Hokage brings his hands up, crossing them in front of his mouth, "I know this is a tough decision. Which is why you have the rest of the day to think about it. The exams are very difficult, you don't-"

"I'll do it." I speak up, making everyone look at me.

"Hannah-chan, you can't!" Naruto exclaims.

"Hannah..." Sakura whispers.

"Are you sure Hannah?" The Hokage says, "Maybe you should think about it-"

I shake my head, "I'll be fine. I've made up my mind."

"You can't just make that decision by yourself!" Naruto exclaims, "We're a team!"

"Yeah!" Sakura says, standing up as well.

Sasuke simply stands up as well, not saying anything.

I smile slightly, "Thanks guys, but its no use. I think I rather get hurt than seeing any one of you guys going through that."

I knew what was coming, the forest was too much for them alone, they would not survive. I couldn't stand the thought of seeing either of them getting hurt, much less killed.

"I'll do it." Sasuke says, surprising everyone.

"No way Sasuke-kun!" Sakura exclaims.

"No! I'll do it!" Naruto shouts.

"Guys, you need to calm down-"

"With all due respect Hokage," Kakashi speaks up, "But I think Hannah is the most appropriate, seeing the circumstances."

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto and Sakura both shout.

Sasuke grits his teeth and crosses his arms, sitting back down.

The Hokage sighs and nods, "If that's what you think Kakashi."

"It is."

"Alright. You're all dismissed."

Sasuke and Naruto storm out of the office, Sakura walking behind them.

"Good luck Hannah." The Hokage says.

"Thanks old man." I smile.

I was about to walk out, when my legs freeze.

"Something wrong?"

I turn around and walk up to the Hokage, giving him an unexpected hug.

"I'm sorry, for being so rude." I mumble.

He chuckles lowly, "Never apologize for your feelings." He says, patting my head.

I nod and pull away, walking towards the door.

------------

"The most appropriate! What is that supposed to mean!"

Naruto and Sasuke both look at Kakashi angrily.