Ch. 7

"Absolutely not!" the Hokage roars.

"What?" I say.

"I know what you're thinking Hannah, and I will not allow you to go!"

I stand up and look up at him, he had stood up once he finished telling me everything I had to know.

"And go where Hokage?"

He looks at me and purses his lips, he knew I knew exactly what he was talking about. I sigh and cross my arms.

"I'm not going anywhere." I say.

"I- what?"

"You heard me," I say, sitting back down, "I'm not going anywhere. How dumb do you think I am? I'm not going against one of the strongest group out there by myself. I'm only 13, and there's only so much a 13 year old can do."

"Oh, in that case, then you can leave."

I nod my head and stand up, "I'll see you later Hokage."

He nods, "Bye Hannah." he said, he seemed to want to say something else, and I knew what, but I had already told him the I don't want to talk about him, and he knew very well I was serious. I didn't want anyone's pity, telling me they knew what I felt and that he was in a better place now.

Screw that. I turned around and walked out the door.

----

I look up at the ceiling, thinking.

They were last seen in the village hidden in the waterfalls, could it be they were looking for the Hero's water?

I sit up quickly, then run to the door. I open it and slam into a body.

"Ow." I say, pulling back and rubbing my nose.

I look up and see Kakashi looking down at me.

"Going somewhere?"

"Actually, I was."

"And where might that be?" he says.

"To the Hokage's actually."

He didn't seem to have expected that answer at all and he stares and me without saying anything.

"Is there a problem?" I ask.

"Oh, no, not at all."

I nod my head and step out, closing the door, "Then if you'll excuse me, I have to talk to him, urgently."

He nods his head and I walk away.

----

"I'm afraid so Hannah." the Hokage says, "Shibuki was there when it happened, he had to be, he is the leader after all."

"Then is he okay? Did anyone get hurt?"

"Yes...." he says, the after a while, "and yes. There were many hurt, and some killed, I have sent some of my ninja to go help. We're doing as much as we can."

"You know," I say, chucking, "I'm getting tired of hearing that."

"That?"

"We're doing as much as we can Hannah. We're doing the best we can Hannah." I say.

The Hokage simply looks at me, not saying anything. I then realize how snotty I sounded.

"I'm sorry, I- I just..."

"I know Hannah."

"I have to go." I say, standing up, "Sorry for bothering you."

"You're never a bother."