•Ch.31•

De'Andre on top

December 23rd

I Sat in my chair as, Janelle, my hairstylist braided my hair. Usually I would go to Gem to do my hair if j wanted something quick like cornrows. But I'm feeling a little different lately and I want to put single braids in. I like doing a lot of stuff with my hair wether it's dying it, cutting it, weaves, wings or just single braids. I'm not one of those light skin girls that just leave their hair out or gel it into a high puff or bun.

"Mm girl you lucky I like your little ass, or else I woulda never went outta my way to do your hair on Christmas Eve Eve" Janelle said finishing up the braid she was doing.

"And that's why you're my favourite lady" I cheesed.

"Mhm" she rolled her eyes playfully then parted a tiny section of my hair before adding the expansions.

I looked down at my phone and continued to scroll down my Instagram timeline. "Damn these people at it again?" I said to myself as I read about the Rob and Chyna situation on the shade room.

I never understood why the Kardashians got the amount of attention they received. They really were just regular people like us. They just made more money and got famous over a sex tape. But you have to give them credit where it's due.

Most people would go in hiding after a tape of them giving head got leaked but not Kim. That women made a whole empire and is more relevant to the media than Ray J.

I felt my phone buzz and the notification bar pop up on the screen.

DreBae💍🌹: wya I wanna see you

I smirked at the way he changed his contact name on my phone. He's so corny I swear.

Me: can't. Sorry babe. I'm at the salon getting my hair done🤕

DreBae💍🌹: k. you hungry? I can bring you something to eat.

Me: Yes please😩 Wings and fries would be very appreciated.

DreBae💍🌹: address?

Me: 1167 kingston Road. 

DreBae💍🌹: Alright be there in 20 minutes.

"Who's DreBae? Your little boyyfriend?" Janelle asked. I quickly furrowed my eyebrows and pressed my phone screen against my chest so she couldn't see what I was doing.

"What child? You using your phone right under me. Of course I'm gonna look down at your screen. And by the way 2468 is a catchy password but everybody can guess that" she ended the purple strand she was braiding and placed all my finished braids behind my shoulders as she prepared to as another one. "So who is DreBae?"

"He's my boyfriend"

"Aww how long have you guys been dating?"

"About a month or so. We got together on November 19th but I knew him way longer" I said remembering our semi formal. 

"I remember my first love back in high school" she cheesed. "I thought I had it all figured out. I would graduate from high school and we were gonna own a little apartment and he would work while I take care of the kids"

I made a funny face "but won't you need to get a job as well?"

"Girl no! My baby came from a rich family he had enough money today back and relax for the rest of his life. I was happy with him but I had to call it quits" she reached over me and grabbed her water bottle. She took a sip from it and got back to work.