✨Chapter 17✨

Flash forward to November 20
-
Baggage claim is the worst. Kids behind me in line are screaming their heads off, adults look exhausted, and people in general look done with just about everything on this planet. For a second, i zone out, the 3 hour flight from maine exhausted the heck out of me.

I realize, as someone grabs my carry on and tries to make a run for it, that that was a mistake.

"GOTCHA!" Kate turns and screams at me, handing me back my bag. I laugh and breathe a sigh of relief, hugging her.

"Howwasyourmoms?" Kate almost shouts at me, still holding onto the habit of screaming and throwing words at people a mile a minute.

"Good i guess," i reply, snagging my bag from the conveyor belt. "Her new boyfriend Rupert is so weird though." I say, making a face.

"Worse than Adam??" She says, a joking smile on her face.

Adam was a previous victim of my moms obsessive speed dating. He was the kind of guy who collected and smelled his toenails, and had a whole campaign that pickle juice could cure cancer. I don't think you want me to go into anymore depth.

"No one could be worse than Adam." i shudder. We chat as we walk to Kate's black infinity, and make our way back to disney.

"Youknowoneofthesedaysiwannagothroughthemainentrance," Kate says, as the car pulls into the back entrance which doubles as an entrance for the parade floats. "Never in the 17 billion times i've been here i have used the main entrance." She says. I laugh, what goes on in Kate's mind is truly a piece of work.

As we step out, i check my phone. "Marcus says to meet him and the others at the Main Street Diner." I say as me and Kate start slowly walking down the street, dodging horse carriages, balloons, and small children.

Kate stops to check her reflection in the mirror, and obviously grimaces at me when i say this. "What?" I say, glancing over her in confusion. There wasn't anything on my navy charlotte russe romper, and the style didn't look much different from her black sundress. Plus even if i wore a clown suit Kate wouldn't be judgmental, she's not that type.

"You know what he means when he says the others right?" She says, as we continue walking. "Wait you mean his friends.. and the Disney friends... Together???!" I say, horrified. She nods in agreement. "And Trevor's gonna be there too, isn't he?" I say, realizing why Kate's so down all of the sudden.

She nods again. Kate always gets quiet when she's upset, and she has good reason this time. Marcus's other friends and our Disney friends do not mix. Whenever they both get together, there's some kind of tension or a fight. And the whole reason is because Kate made the horrible choice of dumping Cam for Trevor, one of Marcus's druggie friends, who she absolutely despises.

I have no idea why she doesn't dump him. I mean she says she's happy with him, but Kate's my best friend and i can tell when she's lying. Just as i'm about to tell her this, because i've been meaning to for awhile, my phone dings again.

Marcus: Come quick, please make sure Kate is with you

Crap that means things have gotten bad. I quicken my pace and hand Kate my iphone so she can read her brothers message. "Oh no." She says, and i see tears flash in her eyes.

Kate may seem confident and outgoing, but inside she's really sensitive, and I know she blames herself way too much for all this tension between our Disney friends and Marcus's other friends. It wouldn't be so bad if people hadn't been getting physically hurt from this.

One time back in July, Kate, two other Disney kids,  and i were hanging out with all of Marcus's druggie friends. Alex, one of the druggies said some crap about Cam, since they're all fiercely loyal to Trevor who's kind of their leader. I guess it's just in the bro code to diss your friends girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. That was a mouthful. Anyways, John, one of our Disney friends stood up for Cam, and things got physical and ugly real quick. End result was that Alex beat John, one of the nicest guys in the world, up so much he had to stay in the hospital overnight. It was horrible, and we really don't need a repeat of that.