V.

-The handsome stranger guy my family knew-

Orlando has been a place full of surprises for me. Ever since I shifted here, my life has practically been a weird rollercoaster ride. And I do not say this in an amusing way. With a weird rollercoaster ride, I literally mean a weird ride and not rainbows and unicorns full of plushies.

Right now, we were in our living room, me versus my family and my extended family with two new additions, Principal Moore and his annoyingly handsome tall son who helped me in school today.

All of us were seated awkwardly as we watched the ongoing baseball match, none of us kids really paying any attention to it because well, for starters, we never watched baseball together, or baseball for that matter. And lastly, we weren't our crazy selves because we were joined by the additions which made everything seem so formal.

Helping out the mothers to cook the dinner would've been a better option at this point of time. I stared at the clock blankly as it ticked away. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ashton glaring at the new guy, who's name I had finally been informed by Jade. Apparently everyone knew about the Principal and Kenneth and the relation my parents shared with them, except for me. I saw Dan and Bob sharing a magazine and looking extremely happy in each other's company and Barbara tap her foot constantly in irritation. Clearly, she was pissed off that the air was thick in tension and awkwardness. So she finally stood up and announced "Everyone under the age of 20, please join me in the study room. Father, I hope you'll let us know when the dinner is ready." She didn't even wait to turn and check if anyone was actually following her and we knew that this was our cue to get up and start towards my study as well. I bumped my head into Kenneth as I stood up and it hurt. He did have a strong body and I was not gonna lie about it. Probably, he'll join Ashton's team for the upcoming soccer tournament, you never know. Afterall, he was the principal's kid and definitely exercised some power over that fact.

"Sorry for that bump." He said and as soon as he was about to touch my forehead to check bruises or anything like that, Ashton wrapped his arms around my waist and walked me away. "Yeah, yeah whatever." He said as we walked a bit further.

"Why do you have this sudden urge to kill him?" I whispered in his ears and that's when he relaxed for the first time this evening.

"I do not have the urge to kill him. Just want to beat the shit out of that annoying brat." He whispered back as I pushed the doors of my study to let us in.

"That's almost as good as killing him." I said.

"But I won't get a similar kind of satisfaction." He had a smug look on his face as he let go of my waist and walked towards the biggest bean bag this room possessed. I walked towards the window where I usually sat when all of us are hanging out in this room. Nobody has ever seen my room, except Daniel, but even he hasn't seen the changes I did in my room over these years for I never allowed anyone in it. My bedrooms in all of my houses have always been my solace, my personal space that I don't let people invade, not even the ones I care about. Which is why, we always hung out here during the day and had our sleepovers in a room that my parents have specially made for us to crash in during the night. And right now, we had only 7 seats, which was occupied by me, Ashton, Daniel, Bob, Barbara, Jade and Ashton's twin sister Ashley, who studied at a ballet school in New York and was here for her long weekend holiday. Kenneth looked all around the room for a seat helplessly and Ashton still possessed that smug look on his face, probably happy with the fact that there was nowhere for Kenneth to sit in this room.

"Trouble in paradise, Moore?" He smirked at a calm Kenneth.

That's when I shifted from my comfortable position and patted besides me. "You can sit here Kenneth." I smiled softly. He smirked at Ashton's annoyed face as he walked towards me. "At least the host is kind enough to find me a seat."