Introductions

"Summer, summer get moving its time to go." My mother barked at me. I chucked on some track pants and a tank and came down stairs. "Have you finished packing, Oh for goodness sakes Summer May Holland you are impossible."  " But mum i don't want to leave, I like where we are, we have a beach right out the front door, its great for my surfing." I groan. Today we were moving and I was obviously not happy about it, I love surfing and I'm really serious about it, but Mum and Dad just think its a fun little hobby and nothing more. 

After everything is piled into the moving van Mum and Dad yell for me and say "it's time to go, everything's packed up." I just nod and get in the car but I'm still thinking about all the memories of this house I mean I've lived here most of my life , i don't deal well with change. 

'Summer, what do you think" dad says, as I snap back into reality. "Bout what?" I mumble and that was the last straw I knew it as soon as I said it. "SUMMER MAY HOLLAND your father and I are sick of your Attitude, none of us really wanted to move but sometimes we just have to do things we don't want to do. Do you think I like driving you to your silly little surf tournaments? NO but i do it anyway."

She had pushed the line 

"Stop the car." I say in a calm tone. Dad quickly turns to me with a confused look. "You heard me stop the car." He stops the car and I get out. I walk in the opposite direction to the car and don't look back but i hear Mum saying "real mature summer."

I had been walking around town for awhile now, I had caught the bus in after mums little outburst because i wasn't in the mood to fight. I didn't have any money left I used what I had for a bus ticket. Sydney shops weren't incredible so I just kind of hung around a few little surf outlets and checked out the new boards. It was now 5:00 and shops were closing and I soon realised that I didn't know where home was now. I had exited the mall and decided it was time, I had to face it sometime and it was now.

"Hello"

"Umm hey dad"

"Oh its you summer"

"Yeah I'm in town and I would catch a bus back but I errm i i i dont know where home is"

"I'll come and pick you up but just this once, if you pull another stunt like that I'll leave you and wont even hesitate to not come back."

"Sorry Dad, I won't"

The ride home was quiet and then Dad asked me a question "Why don't you want to move"

I replied simply with "Why would I, I had everything I needed"

He said that he was really sorry and that due to unforeseen circumstances we needed to sell the house. But he also said he was sure I'd learn to love the new one. He told me it was one street back from Bondi beach. Sure the surfs great there but theres always so many people. I just wasn't ready and It wasn't the right time. I just wish maybe i could be included in these kinds of decisions I mean i'm sixteen Im not a baby anymore