Chapter 2 - A new experience

It's Saturday morning and Im so excited to go to the beach, but I'm also really nervous because these people could be my new friends and I dont wanna stuff things up with them, well just yet.

Because I'm so worried i decide to go down earlier, you know just to be sure they don't leave and go somewhere else without me. As I grab my board I begin walking down to the beach, and as soon as i get there im full of disappointment. This is why i didnt want to move, theres thousands of people on this beach, how am i suppose to find anyone, let alone catch a wave with bashing into a swimmer. 

I feel my anger beginning to grow inside me and decide the only way to let it go is to get in the water, I eventually get in after weaving my way through hundreds of familys and couples. But as soon as the cool ocean water hits my face I immediately calm down, this is why i love the water, This is why I love Australia. I continue to catch a few waves but cant help wandering what time the others are coming, I decide that i should run in and check my phone for any messages.... nothing.

I turn around and suddenly feel like someone is watching me, thats when a middle aged man walks up to me and sits down right next to me. I feel really uncomfortable and frankly im quite scared like what does this guy want, and why me. "Hi, My names Rick and I run the learn to surf programme at Tamarama Beach just around the point. And i was watching you surf and I think you'd be a great instructor." the strange man states. "Well umm errm my names Summer and that sounds like an awesome opportunity, I'd have to check with my parents but yeah I'd love to." I blurt out, i say it so fast I wander if he heard me but when he replies I know he did. "Right well heres my card, remember we'd love to have some more female instructors around, Goodbye Summer hope to hear from you soon." and with that the strange man left.

Moments later i feel a hand sneak around my shoulder and I scream In fright but when I realise its charlie and the others Im automatically relived. 

"Who's that guy" Charlie asks with a judgemental tone

"Is it your dad" Tuscany adds

"No no no, Hes um well his name Is Rick and he just offered me a job." I stutter, i was so scared when tuscany asked me if it was my dad they would reckon im some weird kid whos parents dont let them out of their sight.

"Oh thats cool, so you'll be working a Tamarama too" Logan chimes in.

Wait what? how did he know that

"Yeah I am how did you know?" He begins to chuckle "I work their too, WE CAN BE WORK BUDDIES" he says in his girliest voice he can as he slings his arm across my shoulder. I feel slightly awkward with his gesture but i adds a level of comfort, but i hope he doesn't like me in that way. "COME ON LETS GET IN THE WATER" josh yells and brakes me out of my day dream. 

Before I know it my amazing day is over and its time for me to walk home. I come home and mum and dad arent home, theres simply a note saying dinner in oven. Ugh this is why i feel like i could basically live on my own, i dont even need to be here.

I decide to wait up for my parents because i need to ask them about my job. When they arrive home at 10:30pm. I choose to sit them down and ask them politely. I tell them about how rick approached me and asked and they simply nod along. "Yeah yeah thats fine, you could use the money anyway" My mum states. I honestly thought they might be happy, proud even. I text rick and tell him that i'd love to work with him and that i can start as soon as possible. He responds with a simple 'Tomorrow?' wow that earlier then i thought but hey im not complaining.