Chapter 10 - It's Complicated

Why, why can't I be normal. Be a normal kid with the normal family and have a normal relationship. No I have to be the weirdo new kid, with parents that are never around and have to be stalked by a superstar. Urgh this is so frustrating. I pick up the photo of my so called family and ditch it at the brick wall and sure enough the glass shatters into a million pieces. Although i have exulted all my anger I am  now stuck to find some way to clean this mess.  I carefully slip the photo back in the frame and just hope that no one notices the lack of glass. I sweep up the glass and walk out to the bin. 

"Psssst Summer"

"SHIT!" I drop the pan off glass and it lands all over the floor. I quickly turn to see who the idiot who made me drop it is. 

"Jeez Summer chill its only me" Logan states like i was completely over reacting

"Fuck Logan what did you expect! You totally snuck up on me while I was holding broken glass." I shout and my voice cracks over the last part when I realise how I'm exaggerating a bit.

"Yeah, Yeah sorry whatever but i really need you to cover me at work today." He pleads

"Why can't you do it." I whine. I know he's my friend but I'm not in the mood today. 

"You see I met this new girl and I wanna take her out. But she works like all the same days as me and I was wandering if we could switch. You know just till she falls madly in love with me." 

I roll my eyes as the words roll of his tongue.

"FINE." He is already hugging me before I can finish my sentence.

"But.. only this once. You will have to swap with someone else, for the rest. Ok?"

"YES YES YES thanks a heap Summer." He shouts before giving me one last hug and running off around the street. Well I guess its not that bad I have to work at least I wont have energy to waste throwing any other objects around the house. 

I decide to walk to work. I don't want to risk getting onto another bus purely incase that curly haired nuisance of a boy is on there. I mean he's a fucking millionaire but he chooses to find me on a public bus. i run down to the sand and find a very confused looking Rick. I explain the situation and he just shrugs it off. He tells me that todays customer is returning so I must've done something right. 

No less than 2 minutes later who else than the British Pop Sensation Harry Freaking Styles walks onto the beach. He looks just as gob smacked as I am. 

"I leave you too it." Rick says and wonders off down the beach

"Seriously can't you take a hint!" I scream. I want to run away. I want to hide in a corner so no one will see me cry. Not because I'm hurt but out of pure frustration. But i can't, I mustn't I need this job. I need to have at least one sense of structure in my life.

"I honestly didn't know you were working today." He attempts to explain himself

"Oh Yeah sure, You also didn't know that you were texting MY phone number, and you the richest little shit out needed to catch the same bus as me! And you just happened to want another lesson at the exact same place that I work. FUCK HARRY I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY ! " His face flashes blank but not for long. It returns to natural just as fast as it changed

"I didn't come to see you." He sounds completely calm.

"Yeah, Well who did you come to see?" I don't mean to but I'm shouting, I can't help it.

"I well I umm I came to see that Logan kid."

"And what would you need to see him for?"

" I wanted to know if he knew who you were going out with."

"Harry I honestly can't believe you. You don't have the right to share my personal life around with everyone I know. Logan is my friend, but he doesn't need to know whom i go out with. And neither do you!  All you need to know is that its not you. You're much to controlling for anyone to want to stick around with. You're honestly nothing more to girls than a quick bang." I know I've hurt him but I needed to get it out of my system. I've been so worked up over the past few days that I haven't been thinking straight.

He simply turns and walks away with his head watching his feet, that was when I knew I had really hurt Harry Styles.