--Journal Entry #2 || July 5th, 2016--

There are a myriad of benefits to journaling, like expressing your anger in a positive way and simply documenting your interesting findings of that day... But trust me, it's super hard to keep one going. I came up with the ever-so-clever idea of keeping a jar filled with journal prompts-- it's my aesthetic. It's honestly so cute, but that's another story for another day. Work went by super slow today and there are currently no interesting topics to talk about so I pulled from the jar. I got the prompt "Dear Past Me..." so here goes nothing-- Dear past me, if you're a square do not fit yourself into a mold that was made for a hexagon. Elaborating to that stupid comparison; don't attempt to be shaped into something you're not for the sake of making a boatload of friends. Never let anyone make you feel lesser than them for your personal interests. Hell, you're almost 22 now and you still love knitting. Don't stop knitting because of a fake person's hypothetical opinion that it's only for ladies in their mid-crisis-- Your scarves will always be a hundred times better than theirs. In cessation, "Don't fall in-love with this boy, he will suck you dry and turn you into a soulless unhappy sod." Today's take away? You do you, you know yourself better than anyone.

With love,

-- Xx Aislynn