My story

I loved them more than my words could say.

Whenever I saw them they took my breath away.

Dallas Winston and I cruised into the Curtis boys driveway on his new, stolen motorbike. I was supposed to remind Sodapop, Ponyboy and Darry to come to the drive in with us. I knocked eagerly at the door, clutching at Dally's jacket which was strawn casually over my shoulder in an attempt to keep warm. Darry answered. God, it just had to be Darry. He glared at me for a moment, seemingly taken aback. I wondered if I had done something wrong. He regained himself and let me inside, after taking an awfully long moment to stare daggers at Dallas, who was parked out the front. 

"Hey, Darry. How are you?" I smiled charismatically. He frowned disapprovingly at me, his blue eyes clouded with uncertainty. 

"Leia, what the hell do you think you're doing getting around with the likes of Dallas Winston?" My mouth gaped open in shock. Truth is Darry and I had been childhood friends, and close friends in high school. And I went from a Soc to a greaser too, when my parents died. I felt his hurt every single day. The truth is, I've always had the biggest crush on Darry, but then I met Dallas. He was so wild and reckless, and had no regard whatsoever for consequences. I loved that wild spark he had, but I really knew deep down he was a big softie. "Darrel Curtis, are you jealous?" I laughed to lighten the mood, whilst Darry just went red faced. Sodapop peeked his head from around the kitchen room corner.

"Oh, hey Leia! Yeah I know we're late, but we'll be out in a sec. Hey Darry, you comin?" I swear Sodapop could make anyone smile.

"No." Except Darry... 

"Please Darry, it won't be the same without-" 

"Its fine, Leia. Just go." He sighed sternly, before walking away and leaving me alone in the hallway. ........

Once Sodapop, Ponyboy and I were outside, I asked what was wrong with Darry. I bit my lip, praying I hadn't done something to upset him.

"Well, you do know how easily he gets jealous." Ponyboy grinned. 

"Of Dallas and I?" 

"Pfft, who knows? Darry never opens up to anyone." Ponyboy shrugged. Soda couldn't help but agree. I only wish Darry would open up to me.

When we reached Dally, he took a long drag on his cigarette, eyeing me up and down. 

"What took you so long?" He inquired, a hint of skepticism in his tone. 

"I think that's his way of saying 'you look beautiful.'" Sodapop commented, winking at me.

"Is that true Dallas?" I let my long, tawny hair flow carelessly in the wind. Dally looked breathless. 

"Yeah, now come on, let's go." He revved up his harley and I jumped on the back of it.

"Soda and I will walk, see you guys soon." They waved from the pavement, but I barely noticed as I went flying past. The last sight I saw was Darry, standing on the front porch, arms folded instinctively. He looked crumbled, his expression pained. We rode to the drive in in complete silence. I didn't want to talk. Once he turned off his engine and we got off the bike, he grabbed my hands.

"So baby, what's on your mind?" Dallas only ever asked those questions to me.

"What? Nothing. Why?" I unconsciously bit my lip.

"You're doing that cute little lip thing again. Here, let me fix it for you." Before I knew it, my face was in his hands and our lips had locked. Oh. My. God. Talk about a great kiss! No one could kiss like Dallas Winston.