Chapter 53 The Damsels' Last Hope

Gabriel Zades P.O.V

"What do we do now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at Adamone, who was in the middle of demolishing his sandwich.

With his mouth full, he suggested, "We could ask your ex-fiancé for help."

I grimaced, trying not to focus on the crumbs flying from his mouth. "You think she'd actually help us?"

Adamone shrugged, chewing thoughtfully. "Aren't you supposed to answer that question yourself?"

I scratched the back of my neck, considering his suggestion. The idea of reaching out to her was less than appealing, but it had merit. Despite our past, she had useful insights.

"I suppose she would." I said reluctantly, my mind already turning over the logistics.

The thought of involving her brought a wave of mixed emotions—regret, awkwardness, and a faint hope that she might just come through for us.

Valentine Winters P.O.V

"What—what?" I stammered, completely caught off guard.

He sighed deeply, rising from the bed and sitting down on the edge, a distance that felt too vast now. "I'm also a virgin, Valentine." he repeated, his voice tinged with a mix of relief and vulnerability.

I was stunned. How could this be? Given his earlier actions, the revelation seemed almost inconceivable. The memory of his attempt to force himself on another girl flashed vividly in my mind, making me shudder.

"So you—" I began, struggling to process the implications.

"Never. You're the first I've ever been intimate with. I paid that girl to act just to annoy you." he said, a faint blush coloring his cheeks. His admission was unexpected and confusing, especially given his intense reaction earlier.

"Red? Y-your girlfriend?" I queried?

His face turned to one of disgust, "She's not. She just uses my name for credit."

He met my gaze, his eyes softening as he traced the outline of my cheekbone with his thumb, his touch gentle and reassuring. "I'm glad it's you." he says, his voice barely above a whisper.

A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth despite the confusion and lingering discomfort. I wanted to respond, to apologize for the turmoil and misunderstandings, but before I could, he closed the distance between us and pressed his lips to mine in a swift, unexpected kiss.

The kiss was fleeting, and he pulled away with a small, genuine smile. "I forgive you." he said, his tone light but underscored by a deeper sincerity. "But don't ever do something like that again." he added in a teasing manner that masked the seriousness beneath.

"It's been a long, exhausting day. Let's get some rest, shall we?" He suggested, rolling to the other side of the bed.

I hesitated, suddenly aware of the forgotten plate in the kitchen. My mom would kill me if I left it unattended. I stood up slowly, my mind racing with thoughts and emotions from the past few moments. "Where are you going?" he asked, his curiosity evident.

"I'll be back." I said, opening the door and slipping out before he could ask more.

I hurried down the stairs, trying to focus on mundane tasks to clear my head. I washed the plate in the sink, my hands moving automatically as my thoughts replayed the earlier events. A small, involuntary smile crept onto my lips despite my embarrassment.

Just then, I heard a voice behind me. "There you are."

I turned around, expecting to see Lucifer, but instead, Gabriel stood drenched from the rain, accompanied by another guy who looked equally wet but was munching on a sandwich with an amused expression.