{1} The Son of Two Star Crossed Lovers ⭐️

>6 Years Later<

The boy awoke early at dawn. Getting ready for another head start. He slowly crept so he wouldn't wake up the rest of the boys. As he closed the door very quietly he silently ran down the long hallway, down the stairs, then through another long hallway until he came across the kitchen.

He saw the warm loaf of nut bread on a big blue plate. Checking if anyone was looking, the boy quickly grabbed a chunk and ran away from the kitchen. He got tired of running so he walked outside the house and sat on the porch. He admired the early sun and the birds chirping. He smiled as he stood up and made his way down the path to a small pond. He threw some bread to the ducks and left the other half to the hungry pigeons.

After a while, he heard the bell dinging and knew the boys were now getting up. The boy saw from far away the church girls were on their way up here, ready for a new day.

The boy then ran back to the house so nobody would suspect he was outside. As he got in line for breakfast he saw his friend Leo already waiting for him.

"James where were you?" Leo said quietly.

James smiled at him as he replied "Feeding my friends."

Leo only smiled as he shook head and bit into his apple.

James smirked and sat down next to him as he began eating an apple as well.

Leo then put down his apple and said: "James...my father is coming today for me."

James almost choked as he looked up at Leo with a sad expression.

"What? When?" James said looking sad.

"Well my time here is up and it looks like my dad will have custody of me but I'll still see my mom," Leo said smiling a little.

"I'm happy for you then," James said looking down. He then stood up as he walked away from the kitchen and he didn't stop when Leo called for him.

James then started running until he reached his safe place. It was an old storage room nobody had used in years. He got inside fast and locked it. He then let the tears out as he started crying silently.

He slouched down in a corner and cried. It wasn't fair. Kids came and left. They came when there was an issue in their home and then after a while, one of their parents came to pick them up and they left. 

Except for him.

James was known as the orphan.

They say his parents dropped him off here and never came to pick him up. He knew this wasn't true. What kind of parent wouldn't want their child? Their blood? Every time he tried asking the nuns for background info about his parents, they tried bringing up another topic or would ignore him.

Whenever he got in trouble they would yell only "JAMES!" but when other kids got into trouble they would yell their name and last name. He didn't even know his last name. James now had dried tears and then an idea occurred to him. He knows that the nuns keep birth certificates in an old storage room.