Acceptance

At first we drove in silence down the dark, rocky road out of town that the mayor fails to pay any attention to, but I being my usual self broke the silence. I couldn't help it. Every growing second the warm, butterfly feeling in my stomach kept bothering me.

Raphael on the other hand, seemed calm as if nothing crazy ever happened between us. I looked at him examining his figure again.

"Lost something over here love?" He asked grinningly.

"Maybe my sanity.. I don't know," I replied almost in a sarcastic tone. He chuckled.

"Is this about me kissing you earlier?"

"Of course it is.. I don't understand...", I tried to find a way of explaining my feelings to him but it seems as though I don't even understand that.
Luckily he broke it down for me, but it didn't make me feel any saner.

" Do you believe in mates?", he asked but of course I said not really. The truth is, if we really have mates the world is too big to find them and before we can find them they'll probably have four kids and a family or you would have four kids and a family. It's like that or you'll probably fall in love with someone and then get your heart broken in the process until you refuse to love again, like my father. That sucks, honestly, so no, I don't believe in mates.

He was a little disappointed at my answer but that didn't discourage him from saying what he had to say next.

"Well that's too bad because I'm not just your guardian, I'm your a mate. A partner for life like what every white witches have."

For a moment I was silent but then I burst out laughing.

What??

"I have never heard anything so hilarious. Do you honestly expect me to - ", but I was cut off before I could finish the question.

"I know you feel it too", he said without any doubt to me.

I just stared at him in silence before I told him to pull over the vehicle.

"Why?", he questioned but I insisted. Quickly he stopped in a corner. I unbuckled the seatbelt and hopped out of the car with him right behind me. I inhaled the chilly air and let out a deep sigh.

I looked around and saw nothing but trees and more trees. The sky was filled with stars but there was no moon.

This was definitely not how I intended to spend the evening.

Where's the fun?

"You alr-", I cut him off.

"You know, I love your accent and everything but this is too much for me. Look at where we are. I don't even know where the hell we're going -", again he cuts me off before I could make my point.

"You think this is hard for you." He chuckled in disbelief.

I stared amusingly at him getting all frustrated. He look so sexy when he is emotionally vulnerable. Did I cause that? Reality hit me when I realised he was muttering words or complaining," I am 20 yrs old and every time I have an affair with a woman I feel guilty because I know it would affect you and here you are. All self centered and really irritating."

"I'm irritating?", I responded almost shocked. I have thought of myself as many things but never have I ever.
I was really angry now. Every built up rage that I tried to suck in just radiated off of me and I could tell he sensed it.

Over and over I chanted the mantra in my head:
Breath .. Breath... Hold .. Release.

"You know what, if it hurt you so bad why don't leave me alone. Everyone seems to enjoy taking that path", I screamed at him almost in tears and then folded my arms on my chest.

He held a sorry look in his eyes, it was almost like he was hurting too. We embraced each other, while he whispered soothing words in my ears. I guess our bond took over and I finally hopped back into the car with him.

"I won't ever leave you. You can trust me on that love," he said gently placing a kiss on my hands which sent waves of shock swimming through my body.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe they are better people in this world. Raphael was certainly different and I accept that. I accept him.

"I accept you. I want you as my mate, Raphael."

He smiled. Now we were one.

We finally came about a clear land where he stopped and parked the car in the corner of the road. I examined the land. There was a road made out of tire tracks leading to somewhere more into the land.

It was weird in a way because I heard or saw no sign of life.
Whatever was in there must be really important?

Raphael took my hand and we both started walking down the road following the tire tracks.

******************************

Hey readers! Another update.

Tell me what you think and don't forget to comment or vote.

XoXo