Eavesdropping..

Great! Dispose of serums ...check.

I kept a mental note of everything going on around me. Next, sprinklers but I noticed one problem that we didn't think about. In fact, if I can solve this, it would make things a little less frustrating. Like how I had to knock out Robert and didn't even get a nod as a compliment. Sucks being invisible!

Back to the issue. There were too many hunters and way too many wolves. I shift back to my original position to keep an eye on everything. Hunters,hunters,hunters... I can count on Derek to watch over his people but the gaurds. Hmm....
Getting rid of them would make my father vulnerable but it would also lessen the possibility of anyone getting hurt or worse, killed. The real war here is between my father, Jeff and dumb ass Jacob. I can't run to Derek for a solution. That would risk my exposure.

Back up plan knows what to do.
I remember Raphael saying that. Then I realized I haven't checked to see if he had returned from outside. I searched the auditorium twice until I noticed him taking a drink with Jacob. That's seems interesting. Mind I practice some eavesdropping tonight. At least for the fun of it.

I moved up to hear their conversation. Finally close enough,I listened intently.
"Just driving the girls back? That's seems suspicious.." Jacob stared intently at Raphael.

Already looking distasteful at his drink, Raphael shooted a harsh request to back off  but Jacob just stayed cool and held his hands in surrender.

" I don't know, it's just weird she didn't show up," he murmured. I didn't need a degree to know that I was the subject of their conversation. Didn't these people know I hated going out? What's weird about that?

" You'd be surprised," Raphael commented and took another sip of his drink.
What's that suppose to mean?

  To avoid confusion I backed away and checked out the rest of the party. I noticed my aunt was taken by my father to chat. Another opportunity of eavesdropping. Bingo..
But before I could head over to hear what they were conversing about something caught my eye. Aww..

It was Rebecca and yet another shocking beauty stood before me. She was dressed as a princess and in fact look royal but she was upset. She grabbed a bunch of tissues and headed to girls' bathroom. I didn't hesitate to follow her. When we got there she instantly broke down in tears and it tore me apart. She murmured things to herself. Things about being  bullied and not being pretty enough. Tears wetted my cheeks as much as they wetted hers, spoiling her mascara. She was stunning tonight and a brilliant girl but  insecure and I realized I wasn't much help to her either. As a fellow classmate, I should have reached out to her and just be friendly instead of being selfish and stuck up in my own worries. She wiped the tears away and resumed to making up her face. I attempted a strand of her pretty brunette hair. She winced at the pain but didn't bother since she saw no one around.

I decided this would be my first step towards change. Hope you're ready Rebecca because I'm making you bait and a whole lot of hunters will be chasing you till the end of the world. A perfect lure and a perfect bait just for the night. The enchantment will die by the morning. I would have to perform the spell with the drink. That way when the principal makes his speech, the hunters would instantly be affected.

  With that being done, I resumed to eavesdropping on family. Like I suspected I was the subject of their conversation but now they were arguing. What they said was rather disturbing.

" Of course she knows. She knows all your selfish ways and couldn't face you tonight even if she tried ... You can't expect her to see the monster you have become and watch you kill her friends!! Can you?" My aunt complained warily at him and he looked displeased. I had my jaw hung open at my aunt observations. She said things I never thought I felt.

" Friends.. pathetic!" My father commented. I stay calm. It's no use.

" If we're all monsters so be it. And I can't tell you anything that is going to prove how much I care for my daughter but I can prove it by other means. Words can't describe how much I miss her Lexi.." his sympathetic actions just annoyed my aunt more.

" Nicholas, we've all had enough.. last warning to stop."
The music suddenly stopped.Our principal cleared his throat which captured everyone's attention. I bottled all the building emotions and stress in me to concentrate. I still stared at the two. They don't even know I'm here.

"Trick or treat everyone!" Our principal started off with a humourous tone. Meanwhile the drinks were being passed out. A checked around to see Rebecca still here. Derek was gone but I knew where.

I smile in contempt when everyone drank from their cups.

The principal was about to announce a performance done by the school's band but the fire alarm went off.

He did it.

  No one behaved chaotic but fear was clear. They rushed out of the building leaving behind their drinks and everything else. Chelsea and Raphael helped to get people out. The sprinklers made a disaster of our clothing. Nevertheless, I ran after Rebecca to see if the enchantment worked. She was unaware because of being lost in the crowd of people trying to get out. I didn't waste time to uncloak myself and grab her hand. At first she seemed shocked but after being both chased by a bunch of armed, naive men, she didn't hesitate to take my car and get out of here. Smart girl.

She drove off leaving me behind to deal with these guys.
They looked unpleased and stern at me. Before I knew it,I was being attacked. A tight pain erupted in the back of my head when someone hit me sending me crashing to the ground. I cried out in pain but got manage to get up. I was being lunged at again but managed to dodge the attack. They were pissed now.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I remarked.

"What? You're gonna shoot us with your little toys. You're just a pathetic little cry-a-baby. Go home!!" One shouted at me.

"You know.. maybe I will shoot you."

I reached for a bow and aimed at him. When I shot the first guy in his leg the other began to shoot back at me.Twelve hunters firing at me, I didn't hesitate to take cover behind a tree. I know I wouldn't survive a bullet. This time I shot three bows simultaneously, hitting exactly tree targets.
Yes..

Almost three remaining. They made a run for it but kept shooting. I shoot another two arrows. One missed but the other pierce the hunter's back. Realising they were out of bullet, I removed from cover and took them on. My pocket knife did the trick with only one remaining now. He stumbled on the ground and whimpered when I towered over him. Fear filled his eyes but I felt no remorse for him. He can't get in my way. This ends tonight.

"You should be afraid," I stated and then knocked him out cold.

  I resumed walking back to the auditorium. Done with the invisibility.
Serums.. checked

People.... Checked

Hunter's.... Checked.

Here comes plan B.

****†***************************************************

   If you thought by eavesdropping meant someone betrayed someone by leaking the plan... I'm sorry. Maybe my version was lame but you have to hand it to me. Cool dance, right?

The next chapter might be a little more emotional

Vote or Comment..

Xoxo 💕💕💝