Hope

Please, this chapter occurs before The Plan. I'm sorry. I had some difficulties.

*************************
                               Hope is a dangerous thing
                 It can drive a man crazy and it can keep him
                            From falling apart as well.

********************************************************

  The drive back to Raphael's house was a quiet one. We didn't say anything to each other, just stayed calm and lost in our thoughts. I couldn't believe my father? With the little that he said tonight was enough to make me sob. I still have hope for him.
In fact, hope is all I have. Hope is all we have.

Hope that Pepper's condition is temporary. Hope that Derek wakes up fine. Hope that Jacob doesn't go through with his obscure idea. Hope that I can stop this. All these things just makes this heavy feeling in my chest. I just wanted my family, strong and happy together. But over and over again the universe has showed me that you don't always get what you want.

We made it back and parked in the front yard.

My aunt noticed my state when she saw me. I didn't want to speak about it so she went to bed. I stayed with Derek unable to sleep.  I just stared at how calm he lays on the counter. I know he is not like his brother but what if he had agreed to his plan as well. Lost in my thoughts I didn't realise that Raphael stood against the wall, observing me.

"Couldn't sleep as well?" I questioned but didn't look at him.

"No, not all.." he responded as he walked towards the counter to examine Derek's wounds which is almost healed completed.
"You should try and get some," I insisted.
"What bothers you love?" He asked out of nowhere.
I chuckled," Nothing."

"How do I help you if you wouldn't talk to me?" He asked concerningly.
"Maybe I don't need your help," I spatted at him.
There was a moment of silence between us again.

"Fine, I'll get some sleep. You should too." I just stared as he walked away and headed upstairs.

Great! I pushed away another person yet again. Nice going Annabelle.

A tear escaped my eye. I was being pathetic. Just then I noticed a sudden movement from Derek. I thought it was my imagination because it was a slight movement that you wouldn't notice unless you look carefully. He growled, but not too loud and I quickly moved to his side. I noticed his claws which indicated that he was half wolf, half human.

"Derek," I shook him gently. He arose terrified and but then he saw me.
"What happened?" He questioned.

"You were hurt," I responded. Thank God he is awake. I examined his body to see if any bruises or cuts are visible. He looked at me intently but I tried to avoid contact with his eyes. He was gorgeous. His muscles were well toned and his freakishly sift, brown hair looked even better when messy. I tried to remind myself that I had a mate but damn!

"Are you okay?" I asked concerningly.

"Yeah I'm fine. The last thing I remembered .....was you," I smiled but I couldn't give into the fuzzy feeling building inside of me.

"Oh good, your brother is freaking out." We both laughed but then he tensed up a little.

"What's wrong?" I tilted my head concerningly but he only became more worried.