The Impossible!

I stared at her again. She seemed to be out of the pain she felt earlier. Her head tilted a little to the side and I tried to position her in a way that it wouldn't hurt when she wakes up.

   "Should we take her to the hospital?" I asked Raphael, who stayed focused on the road.

"I don't think that's a good idea. We don't know what's happening to her and besides the doctors could only help humans. How do we explain her condition to them? And what if the drug was illegal?" he had great points but I couldn't just leave her like that. It made me sick to think that my father can let something like this happen to a girl with her whole future ahead of her just like me.
Werewolf or not, she and I were the same and it just left me thinking , Did he really care for me.

"Don't they have a pack doctor or something.. I mean we could get her one of those?" I suggested and he nodded his head.

I felt a sudden sense of hope but then it disappeared when I realised Derek was playing tonight and I don't have a number for his father ,just Jacob.

"How are you suppose to get in contact with a pack doctor?" He asked but I was already one step ahead. I reached into my pocket to grab my phone. I got to trust him. I can't believe this is happening but he is the only person that can get both Chelsea and the pack doctor for me.

"Jacob," I sighed.

The phone rang out twice and I thought he would never pick up, until he did.

"Hey! Where are you? You're missing the game. Derek's killing it." He answered.

I rolled my eyes. I was disgusted by his voice but he was my only hope right now.

" Look I need you to get your pack doctor and get my best friend away from my father and out of there, now," I commanded but he was not taking me seriously.
"Are you serious?" I shouted through the phone.
" I have your cousin you jerk."

"What? How is she?" He asked almost worried. Well that did the trick.
" I don't know. . I don't thing there is much time. Just get Chelsea and get your pack doctor to my aunt's house now. Don't make my father notice. I'll explain later."

"Wait.. How am I gonna get her away. She's sitting right next to him," he complained.

"Use your imagination and hurry up," I spoke one last time and hung up. God I hope he doesn't mess this up.

"Is it any longer?" I asked Raphael who remained quiet through out my entire conversation with that jerk.

"And we're here."

   I sigh in relief at my house. The kitchen light was on which meant my aunt was still up.

Raphael took Derek's cousin and I rush to get the door. Jacob better arrive soon.

"Aunt Lexi ... I need your help.. Quick," I yelled out to her. I heard her turn off the television and rush out.
" Are you..woahh.. - what's what's.. Um -", she repeated in confusion.

"Hello Lexi," Raphael greeted her still holding Derek's cousin in his arms.

" I know you.. You're her mate. You were four," I could have laughed but a lot was happening so I had no time for jokes.

"Can we put her on the couch," I asked hastily. She nodded her head directing Raphael to the living room and then went  into the kitchen to talk privately with me.
" You're not ready for a mate," she came out bluntly.

"Oh come on. We're not doing this now.. Did you not see her?", I questioned but she seemed quite determine to talk.

"Yes I did and I also want to know about that."

"Look-", we both froze when we heard a car pulled up in the drive way.
We ran to check the front door to find Jacob walking in with a tall, dark man around the age of 40 and Chelsea following behind them. He did it. He actually made it.
"Where is she?" Was all he asked.

"In here," I signalled them to follow me.

When Jacob eyes met his cousin sleeping peacefully on the couch, I saw something that changed my mind about him. He knelt on the ground next to her and moved a strand of her hair away from her face and looked sympathetically at her. I saw this before and I realised that all night tonight he have proven himself different. Maybe he attacked us which I'm not saying is fine, but something about him is so different. It was a full moon night after  all and everyone loses control so why can't I trust him?

"What happened. To her?" He muttered angrily.

Raphael started to explain everything that happened at the safe house while the doctor examined her.

"She's going to be fine but I'm not sure what exactly happened to her. You're sure you don't have any idea what it is that they injected into her?" The doctor infirmed us.

"No, but it did sounded like they were now experimenting and they chose her," I replied to him.

"And they would try it on the others since they didn't get the results," Jacob answered back. He was angry. I could sense it in the way he talked.

"Not unless they find a new doctor first," Raphael winked at me.  I'm sure the last one is dead by now.

That made my aunt even more curious because she was already staring at us.

"And who are you?" Jacob asked again this time referring to Raphael.

"He um, helped me get your cousin out of there", I managed to say but was all confused inside my head. Jacob seemed slightly satisfied with my answer, I however, was having a  hard time thinking about Raphael and I. We were more than friends, that was for sure but introducing him as my mate. It just seemed so ..soon.

"Your father is behind this isn't he. That's why you wanted me not to tell him anything. How could you-", I cut him off. Now he was being ridiculous.

"I wasn't sure until now and I'm sorry to say this but your kind pissed him off first so what did you expected, huh?"

He looked irritated by my comeback.
"Guys.." Chelsea called at us.

"Oh so you're blaming us now.. You and your pathetic family-"

"At least my family don't go around attacking people and then lies bare facingly. You disgust me," I shouted at him.

I definitely struck a nerve.

"Guys!" Chelsea yelled at us breaking up the argument.

We both looked and saw her waking up on the couch.

"Where am I ?" She asked sleepily.
"Hey pepper, you're fine. You're safe now. It's me Jacob. Are you alright?" He questioned her but she just examined herself. It was like she was trying to locate something but couldn't find it.

" I don't feel it salt," she cried out and the pack doctor quickly kneel down beside her. 'Salt' that was an odd nickname. Pepper, salt, wow!

"What can't you feel pepper?" He asked her.

She looked worried and then began to sob, "My wolf, I can't feel my wolf... She's gone," she continued to sob.

I gasped in shock.
Everyone turned to look at me except Jacob. He seemed dumbfounded.
I looked at my aunt then at Chelsea and then at Raphael.

Was that even possible?

*************************

Hey readers! Thanks for reading. Happy holidays by the way.

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and if you did please vote or comment.

XoXo.....