WT3| "Making It Up"

c h a p t e r f i f t e e n
-
hello, hello, hey, hello hello

Taylor laid in the air mattress with nothing on but the cover over her as stared at the ceiling. Roman had left hours ago. He had her feeling like making breakfast since last night but she couldn't even stand up straight. She stayed still, pretending to be sleep whenever China came into the room. She could hear her talking loudly on the phone. She sighed.

Her phone vibrated beside her. She looked to it and picked it up, looking at the caller ID. When she saw an unknown number, she thought it was Wyn calling her off one of his boy's number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey, its Roman. You good?" He asked through the phone. She smiled at his name.

"Yeah, I'm still on ya little air mattress." She told him. He started chuckling.

"It's our little air mattress. Your juices all over that muhfucka." He joked. Taylor covered her mouth to stop her cracking laugh.

"Shut up, Roman." She said as she started getting up. "I'm thinking about doing you a favor and getting you some furniture."

"Why you ruining the moment? Always talking about my shit." He said, a playful tone in his voice. Taylor smiled. She had really missed him.

"Well, it's not a lot of shit to talk about." She told him making him laugh again.

"Yeah, alright." He said before chewing into something. "But alright man, do what you want. I got some money in the safe... the code is my birthday. Zero-one-one-seven. That should pay for whatever you trying to get."

Taylor looked around. "Where's the safe?" She asked.

"Find it." He told her before hanging up.

She was tempted to call him back but decided against it. She finally got up, wrapping the cover around her as she looked for her clothes. After putting what she had back on she walked out to the living room, China was gone.

-

"What's your name again?" China asked from the backseat.

"Daye." He answered her as he looked over to Reiya. She was rolling her eyes at her cousin's behavior. Before she got here she and Daye were really hitting it off. She liked his personality, she couldn't believe that the other boy was his brother, they were total opposites.

"And how old are you?" She asked.

"20." He answered, looking at the road as he drove.

"You know she's only 18 right?" China asked with a grimace.

"Bitch, if you don't shut up." Reiya said, turning around to look at her. China laughed before she turned the radio up. Some Alessia Cara was playing. Scars To Your Beautiful blasted through the speakers as Reiya and China sung simultaneously, their voices merging to compliment each other.

Singing was always something they loved to do together. They used to do it on YouTube together but they had grown since then. The way Daye looked at them though said they should get back to it.

Daye had a dream to start a record label and sign upcoming artists. He had connects and was starting to get the money to do it but the way he was getting the money wasn't the cleanest way and could cause difficulties. Rei had told him that her dream was to sing or open up a boutique. He liked fashion too, he had quizzed her asking why she didn't just do both. Directly after the question, China came in ruining the vibe, blasting Daye with questions.

Once the song was off, he clapped at the red light. "Y'all have some beautiful voices." He said, mostly looking at Rei.

"Thank you." She said, blushing. It had been a while since a compliment made her blush. Maybe it was because he said it truthfully and not to get in her pants.

China peeped the interest and smiled, sitting back. Finally.

***

Kayo adjusted his hat as he motioned for around the bar to show the bartender who to get drinks to. The female nodded, licking her lips as she began preparing the drinks. Kayo turned around, his eyes scanning around. Everyone was digging it; the entertainment, the drinks, the food, the music, the scene, everything. He could see this being very successful, however Wyn was going back to his "Focus on getting Taylor back" ways, completely ignoring everything else. Kayo hated when he got like this because he's always the reason he's like that. Wyn can't be mad at no one but himself, Kayo warned him. He don't listen.

He looked around, shaking his head. It was a good turn out. Everyone who was anyone in the city was there, they had ballers, different gangs getting along for the night, hoes, cheating ass men and women, gold diggers, all that. Speaking of... Kayo thought as he watched a familiar face stroll in.

Her purple hair was straightened down her back, a black bodycon dressed stretched to fit her slim but curvy figure and some red bottoms. She looked like she was about to start some shit.

She had a friend beside her, brown skinned woman with loose body wave, black curls and very thick eyebrows. She was also attractive.

Kayo leaned against the bar as they made their way over to him. Wyn wasn't here and he could not wait to tell them that. He had told her that Wyn had a girl, but she still went and got that man left. He remembered Taylor's face that night, he for a second thought they were going to fight but then he remembered who she was.

Sin smiled when she was close. "Hey. Where's Wyn?" She asked.

"Not here." He said loud enough for them both to hear. Sin continued to smile even though in her eyes he could tell she was discouraged.

"Oh, okay. What you doing over here all by yourself?" Sin asked. Her friend was giving him the eyes as she spoke.

Kayo shrugged, looking over them to greet other people. "What can I do for you two?" He asked.

"Tell me where Wyn is. I know he's single now so I just wanna tell him I'm sorry." Sin said.

Kayo rolled his eyes. He knew exactly where Wyn was but damn sure wasn't telling her. "Even if I knew where he was, I wouldn't tell ya wack ass. But you can enjoy the club you just got fired from, drinks on me. Fuck out my face." He said before pushing pass them before stopping. "Matter of fact, nah. Security get these chicken heads out of here."

Sin grimaced as she and her friend were thrown out of the club. "You don't know who you fucking with! But aight! I'll be back!" She yelled out. "You'll get yours!"

He waved her off. "Shut up, wack bitch."