PART FIVE

OK Monday, shit! Work, problems, everything. Typical, I walk into work and the first thing I see is him, Jerome, damn!. Jerome was a fine man, the average hot black man that's up tight with no criminal record and a body as hot as shit, he has some lean muscle, well built. During our days together, I had to work out thrice every week to vet in shape and be a little less exhausted after every session of love making, which was at least once a week. "I miss those days"
      "Hey miss. Johnson, in my office"he ordered. "I'll be in a minute Mr. Jefferson"his mad. In the office, I'm so nervous, what does he want really? I think he wants to shout the crap out of me. Ok, I knock on his door. "Come in"he said casually. "Hey"I said shaking"you called for me"
"Yes, I want to take over your case, knowing that Ashton is your ex and knowing the way you love him. I think it's better I take it, "is he being jealous "well on a professional basis that is I'm..........". "Cut the crap Henry"I interrupted "why are you so jealous?"I asked "we ended, we didn't even start man, it was like a consolation for us,"I consoled"with you and your wife's divorce and with my sad accident and Ashton leaving me, we needed each other, now it's over"
"Oh no leesha"Jerome replied sounding a bit offended"I love you and I know that you love me too, somewhere in there you do". "It's OK Jerome, I'm now on a professional relationship with Ashton nothing else"I replied coyly"and about us, I don't know". "You have to move on soon you know, his getting married soon and I'm open" he said smiling a bit devilishly. "OK fine,I'll see how we work out k? "I replied noticing that sooner than I think, Ashton is going to be with Karen forever, "that's some piece of ass shit" I thought to myself. It seems like Jerome is my only option, I know I'll be happy with him or with anyone else, Ashton should leave my head and quick.
"You know what Jerome, ill consider your proposal"I breathed. "Thank you"he said relived,"my place Tuesday"
"Of course"I replied, at least something good after my meet with Karen "I love you"he said as I matched out of his office "don't rush it"I said rolling my eyes
      Now this case is all I have on my mind. I still wonder why I was made assistant D.A
I'm a better lawyer than Jerome, I won the case of the Henry Howard homicide but you know these rich people and there "friends". "I believe Jefferson is  better for the D.A position, Miss. What's your name again?"asked Mr.George Jefferson, Jerome's grandfather, how typical "Alicia Johnson sir"I replied knowing I didn't get in but oh well, better than making some big tantrum than having no job at all right?
"You should be his assistant, the rewards are all the same and so as the privileges, only that you have the title assistant"he said coyly"I think it sounds fine, 'assistant D. A Alicia Johnson', yeah, it's awesome.". FUCK YOU! 
"I'll be fine, I'll take it thank you"oh well at least I have a job. "Hey" Jerome said "you we're good up there". And that's when we started when Henry Jerome Jefferson entered my life, replacing Ashton Hamilton, not quite because they were high school buddies. Fuck rich people .
     "Let's do this"I said to my self in my office. "Call him Darla". Darla is my secretary, her love life is way better than mine, it's like she's Karen in the story. Lucky her
        A young Carlos Gonzales, Mr Hamilton's driver walks in, his scrony tall, red eyes, black shaggy hair, he needs a bath. Badly. "Well Mr Gonzales, take a sit, "I said politely. "Are feds out to get me?"he said sounding a bit frightened. "They will be if you don't tell e the truth"I threatened. "Well we need to talk about the late Ferdinard Hamilton, since you were his driver, I think you know a lot". "Did he have any issues with anyone, deals, debts, enemies or something?" I asked calmly, hoping this would turn out to be a smooth questioning
        "Well ma'am,"he replied" I hope you have some witness protection shit. I could help you but how sure am I?" He fired back. Juicy info! "Let me talk to the D.A right now"......"hello, Mr Jefferson"I said when the call passed through. "Put him on speaker so I'm sure" he said a bit concerned.I put on speaker. "Sir, your on speaker, I have a witness for the Hamilton homicide case, but his not speaking lest his put on the witness protection programme" I said a bit quickly. "Of course, names?" Jerome asked, still sounding hot, as usual. "Carlos Gonzales" . "Well ma'am, he'll be escorted out after the questioning and we shall have an eye out on him 24/7"he replied. "Thank you sir" I said hanging up
       "Ready to talk?" I asked putting my recorder on. "OK, here's the thing, the big man had some deals about shit of stock sharing and illegal transportation of drugs to some cartel, at first he had refused to do the shit tell 'ey threatened to kill the prince eh...Ashton " they wanted to kill ash! "And he decided to let 'em. Well until try the week when he was bout to die, he met the boss, 'ey call him 'the king' he canceled the whole deal, da king got mad and threatened him next thing I knew he was killed, whores work quickly man!" He spilled.
   "Carlos," I said calmly, "do you remember we're they used to meet or how this 'king' looks like?"." Yeah!"he replied smiling. Turning on my computer, I said "start please". "Well, his white, black hair, bit the last time I saw him, he had tinted it gray, has a dragon tattoo on his shoulder and his a bit buff. Dats all I recall"he said, starting to get comfortable. "Do you know were he lives by any chance?"I asked. "Nah! The big guy always met him in a bar outta town, some Hispanic bar called 'La hacienda' the vip lounge, he always had some hot strippers around him"he replied. "Strippers aye?"
     "Thank you so much, your guard's outside"I said satisfied.   "Anytime, I trust you, well since you are the prince's woman" he said casually. "No am not, not anymore" I said trying to hide the pain in my voice. "Hope to see you soon" he said closing my door. "YES!" I half shrieked I then kept the recording in my files, case closed! Turning out my window, I saw a strange man looking up to my office window. "Shit" I exclaimed, "I'm doomed"