Chapter Seven

It had been a few weeks and I was starting to show, but I was also blacking out a lot more than before. I still hadn't given Kol an answer, but I knew what I was going to say. 

"Hey Miracle." Rebekah smiled, walking up to me. I smiled, looking up at her. 

"Hey Bekah. How have you been?" I asked, with a fake smile. 

"I've been good, what about you?" She asked. I looked down at my water with a small sigh. 

"Truth or lie?" I asked.

"Always the truth." She responded. I nodded.

"I, um, I'm confused." I sighed. She nodded.

"I get it. Hey, I can try to take your mind off of it all. How about we go shopping?" She asked. I shrugged with a nod.

"Okay, thank's Bekah." I smiled as we left the Grill. 

-

"Okay, so, how's this?" Rebekah asked, leaving the dressing room with a smile. I smiled back at her as she twirled around in a red dress that went to her knees.

"I like it, but it's a bit classy, where would you where it?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Better safe than sorry." She chuckled. I nodded and looked down at my hand where both of my past engagement rings resided. When I saw the one from Kaleb I felt nothing but guilt and regret, but when I looked at the one from Kol my heart fluttered and a smile came to my lips until I remembered how badly I'd ruined everything and then everything just ached. 

"Miracle, what about this?" Rebekah asked, holding up a not too formal black dress that would be hardly long enough too fit her. I shrugged.

"You know, I have to see you in it before I make any accusations." I responded. She rolled her eyes. 

"Not for me silly, for you." She chuckled. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Why would I need a dress?" I asked. She smirked.

"Did you forget that your sister is getting married in a few weeks?" She asked. I remembered that Caroline and Klaus were engaged. 

"Oh my God, I can't believe I forgot that." I sighed. She nodded. 

"Now try it on." She demanded. I smiled and tried on the dress. I had to admit it looked good. It was strapless and went a bit above my knees, but not too high up. 

"You look amazing." Rebekah smiled, as I left the dressing room. I smiled and then my phone rang. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Miracle Forbes, how dare you look for a maid of honor dress without the bride to be!" Caroline yelled from the other end of the phone. I let out a small chuckle.

"Then you better get over here Care, I think I found one already." I explained. She gasped and then suddenly the phone was hung up.

"Oh my God, you look amazing in that." Caroline's voice scared me, causing me to jump. 

"Thanks Care." I chuckled. Caroline then looked over at Rebekah, then back at me.

"Hey, um, can I talk to Rebekah for a second?" She asked, causing me to walk away, but I was eavesdropping. 

"So, um, I was wondering if you'd like to be one of my bridesmaids.." Caroline offered, her voice coming out nervous.

"Really?" Rebekah asked hopefully. Caroline nodded and Rebekah hugged her. "Of course Caroline." She nodded. Then I thought about it. Even though I hadn't married Kol, I'd still united our families. 

"You can come back over here now eavesdropper!" Caroline called and I went back over to them.

"Actually, I'm going to go home. Will you take care of the dress?" I asked them. They nodded as I flashed home. 

-

My thoughts raced as I laid on my bed. I missed Kol. He missed me. And in some way I knew I would never be able to hurt him the way I had again. I only had two years to live and I knew only two things about those two years. 1. I wanted to be able to see my daughter and leave her with someone I knew would be able to care for her. And 2. I wanted to spend it with Kol. I was ready to go to the Mikaelson mansion and tell him that I couldn't be with him, but all day I could only think about how much I wished I could go back to the day of my wedding and marry him instead of running away. The only thing stopping me from talking Bonnie into attempting time travel was the fact that I would no longer have the opportunity to have a child if I did that. So I laid in my bed, trying to decide if I was going to say no or yes. No or yes. no or yes. Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no. My mind could no longer decipher the difference. The only thought on my mind was Kol and before I even knew what I was doing I was at the Mikaelson mansion, standing in front of Kol and  I planted my lips on his and kissed him exactly how i'd wanted to since I'd returned. When I pulled away he was confused and before I knew what I was doing words flew out of my mouth without any command from my brain. I was acting on pure adrenaline and love.

"Marry me? For real this time?"