Chapter Four

"Bonnie, how is this your fault?" I asked, my voice sounding slightly unsure.

"You asked me to turn you human, and I was being rushed and I didn't focus or read and-" Bonnie rushed.

"Spit it out Witch." Kol growled, his anger getting the best of him.

"The human spell was only temporary and, um, that isn't the worst part." Bonnie explained.

"Okay, continue." I responded.

"It only lasts until you reconnect with your one, but when you do, you only have as long as you were gone left." Bonnie gulped. The news hit me like a building falling on me all at once, crippling me for life, which for me was apparently only two years.

"What? Left until what?" Kol asked frantically, his denial setting in. Caroline had already burst into tears and Kol was just looking around frantically.

"Left until what?!" Kol growled, slamming Bonnie against the wall angrily.  Everyone quickly stepped up to protect her, but I was in shock and moving just seemed like a chore. I didn't react until I saw Kol fall to the ground sobbing and that is when reality set in.

"No. No! What - What about my baby!?" I screamed, tears streaming from my face. "Oh my God. No. What - I can't. Bonnie you need to fix this I'm going to be a mother!" I screamed even louder. My anger grew worse and I began to trash the room, screaming and crying the entire time until I didn't know what else to do and fell on the ground sobbing.

"Miracle.." Bonnie tried to comfort, wearily.

"No! Please Bonnie. Please fix me. For my child." I cried. Bonnie looked around frantically.

"I'll try Miracle, but I can't promise you anything." Bonnie sighed. I nodded, trying to stay hopeful, but that was hard to do when you were slowly dying.

-

I laid on my bed and thought for a while, my ears perked to listen to my child's heartbeat. It had been a few hours since I got home and laid down and I still wasn't tired of that sound. It was like listening to your favorite song, but better. Suddenly a knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I asked. The door opened and in walked Winter with someone else following behind her. Serena. Winter looked torn up and upset as she threw herself on my bed, hugging me, but Rena just kind of stood there as if she was waiting for something.

"Hey Winter. What's she doing here?" I asked,  gesturing to Serena. Winter looked at her and then back at me.

"She was looking for Jalene, says they are friends." Winter shrugged. I nodded.

"She's not here yet, she needed to deal with some things in New York." I explained. Serena nodded and left immediately.

"Are you sure there isn't a mistake?" Winter asked with a frown. I shook my head.

"There's no mistake. I'm dying and there's nothing we can do to stop it." I explained. She broke down, sobbing, but I didn't know what to say or do. So I just sat there, trying to comfort her.