Helljumpers

Sergeant Jay and Lieutenant Stone (Helljumpers) (My ODST OC's)
September 12, 2545
Location: Unknow Planet.
-Picture is the mongoose.

Stone
"Rumor has it that the Covernant has taken a marine squad captive so we're going to assist then get back on track" Jay stated driving our mongoose.

Yes it was our personal mongoose why I have no clue. He was driving, and I rode shotgun while holding a grenade launcher with my other weapon being a magnum.

Jay located the cordinates and the checkpoint appeared on my HUD.

I kept an eye out for snipers as we moved towards a dirt road and I detected several contacts on my radar.

I threw 2 plasma grenades at elites killing 1, and breaking the shields of another.

I used my magnum to kill the grunts, and Jackals. Jay drove the mongoose into a nearby structure after splattering multiple contacts. He parked the vehicle before we moved back outside shooting Covies as we went.

It didn't take us long to wipe them out before Jay called for an evac for the marines. We're a good pair. There had been more, but we lost them. Now we're just lone wolves sticking together.

We returned to our mongoose, and soon we were heading down another dirt road towards our inital checkpoint.

Take out a pair of Covie AA guns blocking air traffic for pelicans in that area.

I killed a stray grunt with my magnum while Jay splattered others that were unlucky enough to get in the way.

"Messing up the paint job are we?"

"No just getting a new one" "I don't think I like purple though" I mused as we arrived as close as possible and moved on foot.

We joked about the color of the mongoose the entire trip but somehow ended off course because the guns were no where to be found.

"I'm sure it was 20klicks but there's a jammer so I can't be sure anymore" Jay said then I hit him upside the helmet.

"What?" He asked "they're AA guns right?" I asked crossing my arms and he nodded before we head the loud booms of the weapons.

"Oh."

I grin.

Jay and I moved at a jog, I had switched my grenade launcher for an assualt rifle and he a DMR. We were a two man team so it was us vs. them

We moved in the first gun and ambushed the group of Covies, it was several minor elites who we took out.

I threw a grenade into the core and restocked on plasma grenades before we escaped the explosion.

Gun #2 was nearby, but this time it was guarded by a pair of Hunters. I stepped away to reload.

"We're on our own" Jay said so I had an idea "I distract them and you blow it, we leave the Hunters to die" I said.

I went first, and sent a barage of bullets as the first Hunter which was quick to grab his attnetion.

I slowly led them a few feet away still focused on them, Jay moved around the gun to the inside.

I ducked under a shield and fired several bullets into the orange skin, I rolled to dodge the second Hunter's shield. "Stone let's go!" Jay yelled, and I took off running after the ODST.

The explosion sent us rolling in the dirt, but we jogged the two miles back to the mongoose "that was close, way too close" he said

I gave him a high five then smacked him.

A/n. I fixed this one because it was shorter than 600 words and I promised all my chapters would be longer than that not counting author notes.