The Alpha's Only Heir- Chapter Ten

A/N: Welcome back everyone! I know it's been a while but I wanted to have a real chapter for you and not some small thing and I was way more excited about what's right around the corner. Consiquently this chapter took a turn of it's own, hope you all enjoy.

Please don't forget to rate, comment, vote or message me. Thanks everyone!

Recap:

It took Kelli and I the rest of the week to finish plotting our course to visit the new lands and collect all the stats. As I was finalizing things for the weekend out of town Joshua came bursting into the room causing my guards Phil and William to jump to their feet and intercede between us.

“Make them leave.” Joshua all but growled, his eyes dark with anger, I could feel his wolf clawing to the surface fighting for control.

“Calm down and we will son.” Phil’s deep voice was smooth as he tried to remain calm. The swirl of emotions in the room was enough to make anyone suffocate.

I stepped up holding my position between my guards but moving closer to Joshua. “Joshua? What’s wrong?”

Taking a deep breath I saw the wolf retreat and I saw his blue-green eyes return to their normal color. “I need to speak to you alone. I have news.”

I put my hand on Phil’s shoulder. “We’ll be okay.” I nodded to the door hinting for them to leave.

“But-”

“No discussion here. My cousin will not harm me.” My voice left no room for argument but I saw their looks as they left. “What’s wrong Joshie?” My use of our private childhood name brought him out of his stupor and he came rushing to my side wrapping me tightly into his arms. “Joshie?” I said again. My cousin hadn’t been this touchy feely with me since he came of age.

“Just let me hold you for a moment Lil’, please.” There was something in his voice that made me want to cry. He had never spoken like this. Nodding my head into his shoulder I allowed myself to be wrapped up in his warmth and love, trying my best to give the same back to him.

--------

I inhaled his deep scent finding comfort in the crook of his neck; I squeezed him just a little bit tighter. I could tell something was wrong. Something had happened for him to seek me out like this. I could tell he wasn’t ready to talk about it, so I stood there and I gave him every ounce of support I had within me. “He’s crossed the line this time.” Josh muttered into my hair. I was concentrating on the weird feeling that I couldn’t remember hugging Joshua since he got taller than me. That’s when his words registered.

“Wait-what?” I pulled back looking at him full on.

“The Alpha,” he spat “has just passed he order saying no unmated males are to be near you until after the ceremony to keep you, you know.” He voice suddenly died off leaving me wondering.

“Why can’t I have my guards near me between now and then?” I relinquished myself from Joshua’s embrace. “Why make that an order?” I studied Joshua who suddenly had a blush on his cheeks. “Joshie? Please don’t tell me-“

“He did.” A shudder rippled down my body and I couldn’t decide if I was more angry, embarrassed or disgusted. “Told the whole manor exactly why they must stay away from you.” His grip tighten, his fingertips digging into my arms. “I’m tired of this Lil’, I need you to let me do this.” I pushing him slightly back as I looked at him.

“Do what exactly?”

“Lily Charles, as my alpha,until my last breath I pledge to you.” He pulled me back into his arms; his head bent lower this time. I was afraid to open up my link and overwhelm myself with his emotions. I knew we both needed this more than ever, we were family after all.