I Hate Him

Okay, okay, okay, calm down. This has to be some kind of misunderstanding.

"Who are you?" a man with a scruffy beard scratches his opposite armpit with his right hand as I cringe. He sounds like he smokes ten packs a day.

"Uh," I back up a few steps before I'm able to breath normal air again. "Jared, Jared Leto."

The man looks more confused than I do, and that is saying something.

"Are you room service?" he asks with a glint of hope in his voice.

"Uh, no," I reply sheepishly. This is so awkward, of course this is happening to me. I glance to the door, reading the number.

715.

No.

NO!

"Sorry," I blurt abruptly, before slamming the door in his face.

I move a few spaces down the hall, stopping at room 7-1-2. 712. Why can I not read? The excitement of seeing her got the best of me.

I knock more gently on the door, double checking the number. The door opens up to a more pleasing face than there was in the previous room. Margot's sweet smile greets me.

"Hi, come in," she opens the door fully, where I can make out the figure of a man on her couch, with a bunch of papers in his hand. His head turns to me, and scowls as he realizes who I am.

"Nice to see you too, Leo," I grumble as I step inside.

"What are you doing here?" Leo and I ask in unison, both obviously wanting Margot to ourselves.

Leo clears his throat before speaking, "I came to drop off the revised script to the movie."

"Then why are you still here?" I question. Margot's eyes widen at my rude remark. I shrug my shoulders.

His eyes roll back into his head.

"Why are you here?" he repeats, this time with more irritation.

Margot folds her arms across her chest uncomfortably, looking up at the ceiling.

I sigh as I respond to his question, "I forgot to..."

I shut my eyes, looking for a good lie. I wasn't about to throw her under the bus and say that she invited me up here to come sleep with her. Because, well, technically she didn't, but ya know.

I open my eyes again and look over at Margot, "I forgot to give you this."

I walk over to her and take the fanny pack off of my waist and hand it to her.

"Here you go," I say before making my way towards the door.

"Thank you," she smiles. Her expression is of pure relief and delight.

I don't say anything back, I just wink at her, then exit her room. I do not even reach the stairs before I hear her door open again with Leo leaving her room too. I smile to myself as I realize that he isn't with her at the moment.

Why am I so jealous about a girl who isn't even my girlfriend?

You're in l-

Shut it, shut up. Be quiet.

Love.

Stop it.

As I am fighting with my conscious, I fail to realize that I'm already back to my car, and run straight into it.

"Ouch," I mutter, then open the door to get in. I make the long drive to my house, not my mother's.

I pull into the driveway and park in the garage. I enter my home and let my body drop against the interior of the doorframe. I allow my head to whack the door behind me and pull my knees into my arms.

I sit there, pitying myself, for what is likely ten minutes, then decide to end this pathetic pity party. I get up and walk to the kitchen, pulling whatever I can find out of the cupboards.

What? I'm hungry.

I take a seat by the counter and start munching away while glancing up at the clock.

7:12 pm

Huh, how funny.

I tear my gaze from the mocking clock and go back to eating my food. Once I finish, I walk up to my closet and strip out of my hiking gear and replace it with some swim trunks.

I go back downstairs and open the door that leads to my indoor pool and dive in right away.

I float on my back, feeling the cool water touch my skin. My eyes are closed, and I let my mind wander as I am in pure bliss.

I think back a few hours to my date with Margot, and how pretty she looked. I think back even further to how she looked before I told her that we were going hiking. That beautiful white dress enhancing her curves. She was mortified when she realized where I was taking her. She's adorable. Absolutely enchanting.

I think about how she kissed me at the top of the mountain and how it felt to feel her soft, luscious lips on mine.

And how could I forget about how sexy she looked when I dropped her off at the hotel, daring me to come up to her room.

Why couldn't I have said okay? I probably would have messed it up anyway.

Then I think about her gorgeous face when she answered the door to the hotel room. How she went from seductive to adorable in the matter of minutes still amazes me.

Next, I think about Leonardo. How he was on her couch, smiling at the script he "desperately" needed to bring to her.

I hate him.

I may be jealous and overreacting, but I don't care.

Margot is my girl.

Or, she will be.

I think?