Fanny Pack

"How do I look now?" Margot asks as she exits the bathroom, twirling around in her black Nike sports bra and white shorts.

"Like you're ready to go hiking. You look beautiful," I gush, walking up to her and placing my rather large hands on her tiny little waist. She looks up into my eyes and beams that ever so sexy smile. I want her so bad.

Really, really bad.

Woah, calm down, psycho!

"Then let's go!" she grabs my hand and practically drags me out of the room.

.......

I pull up the car to a spot where I usually park when hiking up here. I go to her side and open up the door for her, allowing her to leave. She bends over to tie her sneaker and I may or may not have taken a moment to appreciate...her lovely body.

As practically an expert hiker, wow that sounds weird, I lead the way.

"I like the fanny pack, by the way," she points out.   I turn around and stick my tongue out at her, causing her to do the same.

"This," I say, stopping in the middle of the path, "this is my favorite tree."

She reaches out to touch it, "Why?"

I smile at her and place my hand on the tree as well, "I don't actually know, I just made it up.  Thought it might make me seem like I know a thing or two."

She laughs before pulling away from the tree, and jumps on my back.

"We haven't even been walking for ten minutes, you sure you can't walk?" I tease, hoisting her up more on my back, linking my arms over her thighs. I feel her head rest in the crook of my neck.

"Nope, too lazy," she replies.

"That's fair," I say, continuing our walk.

After forty more minutes of me hauling her around, I let her down.  The sun is beating down on us and she takes a drink from her water bottle.  Tiny drops of water land on her chest and I have to physically turn my head in the other direction.

Wow, it's starting to get super hot, I wipe off my forehead with my arm. I remove my shirt and crumple it up into one hand. I notice Margot stopping to check me out, and look at her to see what the issue is.

"What?" I question her as the wind blows through my hair.

"I um, I just like the fanny pack," she squeaks

"I um, I just like the fanny pack," she squeaks. Her eyes are everywhere but on the fanny pack.

I raise an eyebrow, "That's the second time you've mentioned it. I'll let you have it."

"...let me have it," she mumbles under her breath. At least, that's what I think she said.

Don't worry baby girl, I will.

She moves closer to me and, I swear, she can hear my heart thumping. 

I push a strand of her blonde hair that fell from her loose braid behind her ear.  She blinks her stunning blue eyes and places her hands on my chest.

"Margot," I say, barely audible. My breathing is hitched, and I'm engulfed in her beauty.

"Yes," she whispers back, never taking her eyes off of mine.

Under stress and pressure, I blurt out, "Is he your boyfriend?"

She looks at me dazed, "What?"

"Leo?"

She pulls away from me and sits down on a nearby rock. She looks at me and starts to laugh.

"No, he isn't. Remember how I told you I came over to Los Angeles to act?" she pauses, allowing me to answer.

"Yeah," I say, recalling our first date.

"Well," she takes a moment to grab my hand and draws me closer to her, "I got a part!"

I look at her with excitement, "Congratulations! That's amazing!"

Her smile grows wider, "Thank you! I play Leo's wife, Naomi. We were out getting to know each other so we can build chemistry on set. That's about all I can tell you about it for now, I don't want to get fired before we even start filming."

I sit down beside her on the rock and wrap an arm around her, "I'm so happy for you. I'm also relieved."

She cocks her head to the side, "Relieved?"

I place my free hand on her thigh, "I was pretty jealous last night."

Her attention focuses on the ground beneath us, "I could see that. I should probably let you know that Leo calmed down after you left. No hard feelings."

"Good," I nod my head, thankful that he's not out to kill me for breaking that glass over his head.

"I'm having a lot of fun spending time with you," she admits.

"So am I, you're incredible. Most women don't stick around this long," I say truthfully.

She smiles, "Then they are stupid. You are a great guy, Jared."

This is all going so well, why is it going so well?

Kiss her, you idiot.

As I'm about to make a move, she stands up in a swift motion and brushes herself off.

"Shall we?" she asks, tossing her head in the direction to move forward.

"Let's go," I push off of the rock with the palms of my hands and take the lead.

Maybe next time.