Chapter 5

~Nicki's POV~
Tuesday
I did my regular routine:Got dressed, took Jordan to his bus stop, and went to work. After work I got the guy's phone number from TT and I picked up Jordan. "Hey mom?" "Yes Jordan?" I said looking in the rear view mirror. "Is something bothering you?" "Um, no." "I'm nervous about my date though." "Hm, ok." "Jeez this little boy is only five almost six and he can already tell what's wrong with me." I got home and changed my clothes. I was in the bathroom doing my hair when Jordan came over. "Where are you going mom?" "Oh, I'm just going to hang out with someone and TT is coming over to watch you." "Aw, but I wanted to watch a movie with you." "I'm sorry baby, maybe tomorrow." "Ok." "I'm sorry Jordan, but I'm doing this for you too." I get a text on my phone. I finish up my hair and I check the text. "Is this Nicki?" "Yeah." I replied. "Is this Marcus?" "Yep, where do you wanna go for the date?" "Maybe pizza?" "Ok great I know a great place I'll send you the address." I got the address and TT finally showed up. "Hey T, I'm heading out." "Ok Nicki have fun." I drive over to the place and I see someone inside sitting by themself. I walk over to the table. "Are you Marcus?" "Yeah and your Nicki right?" "Yeah." I sit in front of him and I check my phone one last time then I set it down. I look up at Marcus and he's still sitting on his phone. He looks up. "Oh, sorry, I'll be done in a second. Why don't you start telling me about yourself." "Well I'm..." He starts laughing at a text he got and started texting back. He looks up again. "Oh, keep going in listening." He continues to text. The waiter comes with our pizza. "Thank you." I say. I reach for a piece and start to eat. Marcus puts two on his plate and starts to eat. He drops some sauce on his suit jacket and he just leaves it there. He licks the sauce off his fingers and picks up his phone again. "Damn, he's so sloppy." "Haha, girl you funny." He says tapping on his phone. "Is he texting another girl while he's on a date?" "Who are you talking too?" I ask nicely. "Uh, no one special." "Lie." "Look, if your not interested in me we can just call this off." He looked up. "Good, I was only doing this because my friend dared me to." He got up and grabbed two more pieces of pizza and walked out. I had to pay them I left. I got home and say TT and Jordan playing a board game. "Hey Nic, how was it?" "Terrible." I said tossing my purse on the couch. "Hey Jordan can you go and start getting ready for bed? I'll be there to say goodnight in a minute ok?" "Ok mom." He got up and ran to the bathroom. "So what happened?" I went and sat on the couch next to her. "Well when I got there he just sat on his phone the whole time. Turns out he was texting some girl. And he's so sloppy too like when he eats he gets food everywhere and he licks his fingers and it's just gross. He said he was just doing the date because his friend dared him too." "Aww, Nic, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you." "It's ok, I'll find someone eventually." "Mom come say goodnight!" Yelled Jordan from his room. "Ok!" "Well I'd better get going." Said TT standing up. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow."