Chapter 1

~Nicki's POV~
"Come on Jordan get dressed. You don't wanna be late for your first day of school." I help Jordan with his clothes and I fix his cereal. "Mommy?" "Yes J?" "Do you have school too?" I sit down next to him at the table. "No, I have work." He scratches his head the way he always does when he's thinking. "What do you do again?" "I'm a waitress at a cafè." "Oh." He finishes his cereal and I walk him down to the bus stop. When we get there I kneel down next to him. "Now remember your manners and always be polite." He nods his head and smiles. "Ok." "Love you." The bus comes and he gets on. The bus leaves and I start to walk back. On my way home I get a call from my friend TT. "Hello?" "Hey where are you you're gonna be late." "I know, I had to drop Jordan off at the bus stop." "Well it's getting pretty crowded and the boss is gonna be mad if your not here." "I'm at my door now I'll be there soon." I hang up and put my uniform on. I get in my car and drive. It's not the best looking car but it gets me where I need to be. I pull into the parking lot and I check my phone. I have 20 texts from TT, all of them are telling me to hurry up. I walk in and tell the boss I'm here. I set my purse in the back and I start taking orders.

~Time Skip:Nicki and TT's break~

I go in the back and sit in one of the chairs. I check my phone. 1 missed call from my mom. I decide to call her back. "Hello?" "Hi mom, it's me." "Oh, hey Nicki how are you? Are you at work?" "I'm doing good and yeah I'm on break. Is there a reason you called?" "Well, I just wanted to check on you. Is Jordan doing ok?" "Yeah he's fine, today was his first day of kindergarten." "Good. Have you found a date yet?" "No." "Nicki, you can't be alone forever, when will you get back out there?" "I don't know yet, I'm not looking or interested in anyone right now." "You need to let go of James, he was obviously no good and he didn't help out when Jordan was born." "Mom can we please not talk about this now?" "I'm sorry, I just want to make sure you find love someday." "I will. Well, I have to go mom." "Ok, bye Nic." I hang up just as TT walks in. She has a huge brown stain on her shirt. "TT, what happened?" I say between laughs. "Some dude spilled his coffee on me, and it's not funny Nicki!" She says as she starts to laugh. "Haha, too bad you don't have another shirt." "So, have you found a boyfriend yet?" "Not this question again." "No." "Nic, you need to find someone." "I know, I just don't know where to start." TT's eyes light up. "I'll help you look!" I look up at TT. "Well I..." "This will be great! I can find guys for you and I can help you with your outfits and how to start conversations!" "I guess I could give it a shot." "O..ok TT, I'll let you help me." "Yes! I'm so excited! I'll find someone for you by this weekend." As soon as she finished talking our break time was over. We finished up work and I went to pick up Jordan. "Hey mommy." He said as he climed into his car seat. I looked at him through the rear view mirror. "How was your day?" "It was fun, I met this girl, her name was Kimmy." "Oh really?" "Yeah, she said I was cute." "That's exactly what James said to me when we first met...snap out of it Nicki! Forget about James, TT is gonna find you someone." "Mommy?" "U..uh yes J?" "Are you ok?" "Um, yes I'm fine." We pull into the parking lot and I carry Jordan upstairs. "Maybe this weekend TT will find me a good date."