Chapter 11

Monday
~Nicki's POV~
2 more days until me and Lamar's date. Wait, am I really that excited that I'm actually counting down? I laughed to myself. I got up and peeked into Jordan's room. "Hey buddy, it's time to get up." He moaned and turned over. "Five more minutes." "No. Come on." I walked over and shook him. "I already let you sleep 5 minutes later than usual. Now get up before you miss the bus and before I'm late for work."

~~~~~~

I'm just getting on my break before I go back to work and go home. I went to the back and got on my phone. "Hey." I looked up and TT came to sit next to me. "How are you and Lamar?" She smiled real hard and she dragged out Lamar's name when she said it. I giggled. "We're fine. Only friends though. We're supposed to be going on a date on Wednesday." I told her how it was going to be a surprise date so I didn't have too many details for her. My phone's alarm went off. "It's time for my shift again." I stood up and put my apron back on. "I'll see you later, T." I left and worked the rest of my shift.

~~~~~~

I went and dropped Jordan off at TT's house and I'm on my way to the mall. I need a nice little outfit for my date. I tried a couple stores and I didn't find anything. I continued to walk and glanced from side to side to see if anything caught my eye. Then something caught my eye. Not a dress, a person. I dipped into a random store and pretended to shop, keeping my eyes on the walk ways. I saw him again. James. He was wandering around by himself. I kept staring. What is he up to? He suddenly looked up in my direction and we locked eyes. I quickly looked down. Shit! I'm stuck! I walked closer to the entrance of the store I was in. He kept wandering around but in the same area, occasionally flicking his eyes in my direction. I pretended to talk on the phone. I slowly walked out. I saw him look over but he didn't bother me. I let out a sigh of relief. I walked a little ways away and I "hung up" the phone. I continued to try to shop when I felt a strong grip on my arm. I looked and saw James. "Let me go!" I yanked my arm out of his grip. Some people were looking at us as they walked by. "Can't you just leave me alone?" I asked, fixing my shirt sleeve. "I need you and Jordan back in my life." He had a pleading look in his eyes. I feel kinda bad. I looked to the side. "I...I can't." "Why? Please!" He grabbed both of my arms. "I miss always being around you. I miss little Jordan and seeing him smile. I miss spoiling you. Laying next to you. I really need my family back!" "We're not your family anymore! It's not my fault you didn't love me and Jordan enough to stay!" I pulled out of his grip. "Leave me and Jordan alone." I walked away. He looked so broken from the inside out. Onika, stop feeling bad. He didn't feel bad when he left so there's no reason to feel bad for him for any reason. I left the mall and went to a separate store. I found a long, dark blue dress that had spaces in the midsection of the dress.

I also went and bought some black heels with red bottoms

I also went and bought some black heels with red bottoms. Lamar will love the way I'll look!