Chapter 3

~Nicki's POV~
Today is Sunday and TT is already texting me with another boy for a date. I get up and check on Jordan. He's still asleep so I quietly close his door. I go downstairs and turn on the TV. While I'm watching I get a text from an unknown number on my phone. It says "Hey Nicki." "Who could it be?" I decide to text back. "Hi who is this?" "You know who it is." "No I don't now please tell me." "I'm J's dad." "James." "You're not his dad." "Surely we had him together." "Yeah but I'm the one who takes care of him. All you did was leave us behind." My eyes filled with tears and I threw my phone on the other couch. I pulled my knees to my face and cried. "I hate you James! I hate you, I hate you!" I heard my phone go off again and I looked up. I slowly got up and grabbed it. "Anyway you're still beautiful as ever." "Don't you have a girlfriend, Tammy?" "Yeah but who cares about her when I can have you?" "You can't have me nor can you have Jordan, so please just leave us alone." I put my phone down and at the corner of my eye I see Jordan standing by the stairs. "Hey Jordan." I say trying to sound as happy and carefree as possible. "Hi mommy." He runs over and sits next to me on the couch. "Why are you crying?" He asks looking directly into my eyes. "Oh, I wasn't crying." He reaches up and wipes my cheek. "But, your face is wet." I smile. "Ok, you got me I was crying." "Did your phone make you cry?" "Did he see me cry while I was texting James?" "Yeah, it was just... something I read...online." "I need to be careful, I don't want Jordan to see his mother like that." "Oh, what's for breakfast?" "Well what do you want?" "Pancakes!" He said smiling real big and throwing his little arms in the air. "Haha, ok." All day it was just me and Jordan. I got tons if texts from TT but I didnt answer any of them. I just wanted to spend time with my little boy. I swear he makes everything better.

I know this chapter was short but I thought this was a good place to stop.