Chapter 8

Saturday:Jordan's party
~Nicki's POV~
It's already 1:50 and it's time to head to the park. "Hey Jordan? Why don't you go play on the playground while we wait for your friends to come." "Ok mom." He ran off. It was 2:00 and TT was here. "Where's Lamar?" "Hey, Nicki, ready to set up the tables?" "Yep." "Something wrong?" "No, let's get started." We started putting on the table cloth and putting plates and cups on the tables. Jordan's friends started showing up and it became more and more crowded. "Nicki!" I turned around and saw Lamar walking over. "Hey you made it." I said walking over to him. "Yeah, I tried to make it earlier so I could help set up but something came up at work." "It's alright TT was here to help me." "Hey, Nic, do you wanna do cake and ice cream now?" Said TT coming over. "Is this him?" "Yeah. Lamar this is TT. TT this is Lamar." "Is he treating you good?" She asked me eyeing him. "Yeah, I would tell you if he didn't." "Ok, well come help me." "I'll help too." Said Lamar. "Ok." I said. "It's over here." All three of us brought the cake, ice cream, and extra plates and forks over to the table. "Here you go Jordan." I said as I set the cake in front of him. It had red icing and it said "Happy Birthday Jordan!" in white frosting. It had little race cars on it too. We sang happy birthday and Jordan was smiling hard the whole time. He blew out the candles and we cut the cake and started eating. "Finally I can sit down and take a break." I muttered to myself after getting my piece and sitting down. Lamar came and sat next to me. "Hey, you did a good job with this party." He said shoving a piece of cake in his mouth. "Yeah well I wouldn't have been able to do it without you and TT's help." "Yeah but you thought of it." He said smiling. "Yeah well...I guess I don't have an argument there." We both started laughing. We got quiet and it was sort of awkward. I felt Lamar looking at me and I looked up at him. "What?" I said smiling. He smiled back. "Nothing. You're just too beautiful." He started to lean in and I just froze. "What's wrong?" He asked clearing his throat and leaning back. "N-Nothing." "Hey! Nicki and Lamar! Jordan is gonna open presents soon!" "Ok!" We started walking back. I was kinda bummed that Lamar didn't kiss me but I guess now it wasn't the time or place. Jordan opened his gifts and attempted to read his cards. Most of them were in cursive and he can't read it very well. Soon the party came to a close and everyone started leaving. "Hey TT come help me clean up." We cleaned up and TT had to leave early because her mom needed her for something so it was just me, Jordan and Lamar. "I guess I'd better get going." I said as I closed Jordan's car door. He was sound asleep. "Yeah. So do you have any plans for tomorrow?" "No." "Well maybe I can come over? You know just to hang out and I'm curious to see your house." "Ok, how about around 2?" "Cool." "Alright I'll text you." We parted ways and I drove home.