9. Millie's Agony

Millie could hear the clutches of lock at the main door. She brisked her steps towards the main door. As expected by her there was her mother- Mrs. Dora.

Beget of the world solely ken the tact by which mothers and daughter perceive each other minds as Mrs. Dora spoke after scrutinizing Millie's face, 'We lost.'

Millie turned and disappeared from the vision of Mrs. Dora. The next she heard was the bang as if Millie had closed the door with whole force of her she was potent of.

Mrs. Dora kept the burden of her files which she was carrying on the table and followed her daughter. She noticed her daughter sobbing in the room. She quietly settled herself on the chair next to the couch and looked at Millie for a while.

She spoke, 'Life without a thing you acquire will always be on a normal track after a while from the time you lost it- whether that thing is proven to be an asset or a liability for your life.'

Millie kept her head on her mother's lap and groaned, 'What if that thing is your life itself?' Mrs. Dora didn't wish to reply. 'David desire was to be desired by Elizabeth from the day they met and my desire was to be desired by him.'

'Maybe I have lost him!'

He cared for me secretly.

Maybe his earlier affections for Ely

Are making him to treat me sisterly.

In the deep heart of his

Yonder are the reasons for me to miss.

And here in my doleful soul

There is another reason to howl.

'After dad's death I haven't expected that anything could have teemed a few drops of rejoice in my life until David came in my school.'

Mrs. Dora asked, 'Does Galvin Fadrick like Elizabeth?' Millie replied, 'Nix! Who said you that? But Elizabeth liked her. Galvin always wished to be with me as his date until David knocked him off on the wish of mine. What a rectangle nah? Everyone had his/her priorities.'

'Can't we do anything for David? Take it as if you are doing for me.'

Mrs. Dora was looking at her daughter which could break any confine boundaries for someone or maybe her happiness.

'David's fingerprints were everywhere in the villa of Halls. A night before her murder, Elizabeth was in Vitna- all-drunken. She was not in a state to distinguish even a single person. I and David came across her in the next sector. He picked her may be due to which his hairs were on Elizabeth and dropped her to Halls' villa. I was too there but none from the family of Halls was there. He tried to ask from her why she had drunk this much but not even a single word from her part came out. Her body was clean from any injury. He explained me that she didn't even talk to him these days. Both the queries require a single explanation- an explanation from Elizabeth which died along with her.'

Mrs. Dora was giving her daughter an astounding look, 'Why didn't you tell me that?' Millie replied with a deep voice, 'David!' and continued after a while as her eyes went wet, 'David knew that nothing can let him win the case in the district court all due to the Mayor. Even my statement can't and it can make me fell in a great trouble too- may be entitled as a murderer. I have given him promise for not transpiring this.'

Mrs. Dora grabbed Millie and said, 'Everything can be prevented if you have reported the things to police on the night you came across Elizabeth.'