7. Give me a reason

The first two hearings were postponed all due to a single reason that majesty Yetta Black hadn't gone through the case files. In the rest of the hearings Mrs. Dora always got a reason to face her failure in this judiciary case.

David's visiting time was almost taken by Millie.

'They haven't stopped torturing you,' whispered Millie as she was applying antiseptic on the injuries of David. 'Nix! It is nothing after all the pains of losing Elly. Ouch! It pains. Be careful!' he cried. 'You sojourn on an idea that it doesn't pain,' said Millie. She was feeling jealous and she continued after a while, 'Mom didn't speak much now. She hadn't lost any case in her courier as she is losing yours.' He spoke, 'Yap! I know we are losing it. I am gonna be declared as criminal and a rapist too.' She spoke, 'She tried to proof that you had physical relations with Elizabeth. In accordance to her you have been proved innocent and even a boyfriend of Elizabeth in any court if the inspector and judge were delicate and themselves innocent.'

He said in a tone as if he had never loved Elizabeth, 'I didn't have any relation with Elly. It was just- just a desire to be desired.' She didn't rely and he continued, 'I don't know why do you visit here? There is no reason to care about mine. Give me a reason why you wish to take care of mine? I have to spend my life here only.' Her voice aroused, 'FOR GOODNESS SAKE, DAVID! You will not repeat these words again if you don't wish to see my dead face.'

There was silence all around. Both of them shared their looks for a long while.

He cried, 'Ouch! Be soft while dressing, Millie.' She spoke, 'If you think I am not then try it yourself.' He said, 'If I will dress my injuries myself only then I will be not be able to smell a fragrance.' She gazed him with her sharp eyes as though she was angry and then again looked at his injured hand. He asked, 'Don't you think that I usually have a flirt with you?' She replied, 'Yes! I do think.' He said, 'And you let me do that bit. This means you will let anyone do that.' She asked, 'Are you feeling protective for me?'

After all the grief and misery they were the reasons for each other's smile.