12. Some Desires Being Fulfilled

There had been a time when Hall's lawn was sojourn by their friend and relatives on the day when a member from their family was found dead.

And after the judiciary had held Elizabeth's murderer, Mayor's lawn was preparing for the evening party.

As expected by others, Mayor was surrounded by Justice Yetta, Inspector Edwin and many such celebrities of the city.

The next thing of the significance to be noticed was that Galvin and Millie held their hands and were proceeding towards Mayor.

Mr. Sharon Fadrick grinned, 'A girlfriend, son?' He patted on his son's shoulder, nodded as he gazed Mille and without thinking much he moved to attend someone else- maybe the another celebrity of the city.

Galvin spoke, 'Dad has a habit to contrive new jokes on each bit! They were not expecting any of my friends here.' She just passed a smile.

'I-I wa.. I was thinking--- if you could stay for the dinner. I am not compelling you but my dad does arrange the dinner of some close friends on the day of celebration. You can join us.'

She thought for a long while and then nodded.

**********

'It was all good. I have expected the same from you. But I am sorry about David. He was innocent. But what can we do. There was none to blame for,' said Mayor as Millie was trying to listen it from outside the door.

There was a hand on her shoulder. She panicked, 'Galvin! Hash! I was afraid.'

He asked, 'What are you doing here. Enter the room.' She replied, 'I was just waiting for you. Yap! I was doing so,' though she was afraid at that moment too.

They entered the dining room.

  **********  

The topic was changed when Millie entered the dining. Every one wasn't looking at Galvin but at Millie. Mayor spoke, 'Ahh! As I thought Galvin someone is important to you and enough important to stay here for dinner.'

  **********  

The dinner was on the way from everyone's plate to their mouth. Mayor asked Millie, 'So what your parent do?' Millie thought while picking the words but Galvin replied, 'His father is dead. Her mother is a famous lawyer of city Vitna- Mrs. Dora. You must know her.'

Inspector and Mayor changed their looks. After a moment Mayor replied, 'Oh! I knew her. In-fact, a very hard working lady she is.'

Fiona picked the purse of Millie as she commented, 'Nice purse! From where did you get it.' Millie tried to grab it but was unsuccessful and later she replied, 'Oh! I bought it from a nearby shop. Visit us there. A very fine variety they did keep there.'

Millie was sweating much. Anyone sitting there would have noticed that. Millie's nightmare became a gospel truth. Mrs. Fiona spoke in a tone comprised of dread, shock and surprise, 'Camera! Camera! All hidden here. Everything being recorded here! Camera, sir!'

Inspector Edwin ordered, 'Check her, sub-inspector Fiona.' As Fiona was checking Galvin asked, 'But Why?'

Mayor spoke, 'Gavin, you are sane enough to choose your friends. Dora- that lady! I knew she would try something. And here it is- she send her daughter to get proves against us.'

'Nix! She can't do so,' shouted Galvin.

He moved Millie apart from Fiona and covered her in order to protect her.