5. An Astounding Warrant

A day and half passed. David was trying to please himself during twilight as he sat near a window. There was a pin drop silence all around which felt to him like it was draining his heart.

Silence in the surrounding

Felt like a mental suffering.

The silence in the vicinity

Was pinching him with severity.

Silence used to be calming.

But that day it was Hamming-

Hamming the role of being salty

To his wounds that typify agony.

He heard a familiar voice from the hall which was of Millie, 'Hello Mrs. Hannah.' His mother replied, 'Hello betta. David is in his room.' Millie asked, 'How is he now?' His mother replied, 'He hasn't eaten anything till now.'

After a few minutes there was a knock though his door was open. David spoke, 'You don't need any permission to enter here, Millie.' She moved and placed a glass of juice and a few sandwiches next to him. She spoke, 'Look at your room. I haven't expected such a resonance in your room.' He didn't reply.

Millie too sat next to him and spoke in a low voice, 'It is normal to possess feelings for someone. Elizabeth didn't love you but she made you her ideal instead. You can't be her lover now but can fulfill the reasons for which she made you her ideal. Whatsoever you have done, she had never loved you in return. A person always loves someone for his/her unique behaviour. She made many changes in you. If she loved you, she had loved you the way you were. Now seek someone else who can love you the way as you are.' He whispered, 'If even I sought such a person there would always be a dread- a dread to lose her.'

'Seek her first then we will think about it also,' said Millie with a grin on her face. For the first time he turned his head towards her, 'You know a way to handle me, don't you?' She just grinned.

They were disturbed by a sound of siren. After a while a few police officers entered his room. Both of them stood. An inspector moved forward. A badge was reflecting his name- Edwin White. He inquired, 'Mr. David Bert Bishopgate?' David replied, 'Yes.' That inspector spoke, 'I am having a warrant against you. You are charged with the murder and rape of Miss Elizabeth Ivy Hall in accordance to it.' Millie was astounded. It was difficult for her to pick the words to speak, 'How-' but she was interrupted by the inspector, 'Queries in the police station,' and he commanded an officer standing next to him, 'Constable Julliane Matrix! Arrest him,' as he pointed towards David.