2. MISERY OF HALLS

Nime was the neighbouring city of Vitna. That day both the cities had faced a delightful twilight. Though they were not ready to face the misery which was merely a result of miss-happening occurred that day.

Next morning Mrs. Ivy Hall, a thin and tall lady, brisked her steps towards the dining of Hall's villa situated at Nime. She shouted as per her regular morning exercise, 'Elbert, Herbert and Elizabeth be on the dining for breakfast within ten minutes.'

Mr. Martin Hall, her husband who was always under the pinching queries of his mates during the graduation as Mrs. Ivy was carried away by him though he was much shorter than her and of dark complexion, sat on the dining chair. After all what can confine the feeling so called love?

He spoke, 'What have you cooked, dear?' She replied, 'Just toasts and omelets are there with some fresh apple juice.' After a while Elbert and Herbert the two monozygotic twins who had hired the tallness of their mother marked their presence at the dining.

Mrs. Hall asked, 'Where is your younger sister?' Albert was astounded and then replied after scrutinizing the faces of his parent, 'She must be in her room or else she hasn't returned home after a morning walk.' Mr. Hall softly said, 'She didn't go for a walk this morning.'

'May be she is ill. I will take the breakfast to her room itself,' said Mrs. Hall. After serving the food she carried on with the aforementioned.

The three Halls noticed that Mrs. Ivy's clumping feet sound suddenly changed into clinking and rapping as if she was slipped and her glass plates were cracked by the time. Mr. Hall asked, 'What happened, dear?' as he stood and was ready to wend towards her solely daughter's room.

The next they heard were her terrifying shouts consist of agony, grief and wile. All of them did swift their steps towards Elizabeth's room. They found Mrs. Ivy crying on the floor at Elizabeth's room door.

What they saw next was the dead body of Elizabeth hanging in her room. She might have committed suicide. Mr. Hall cried out, 'OH LORD! OH LORD!' Elbert and Herbert ran towards Elizabeth as if they were seeking for the last probability of life in that dead body. That probability was shattered into pieces by the power of time. Albert hugged that body and cried for a long while and Herbert moved and provided his parent a shoulder to cry on.