Just Another Black Eye...

I shrugged on my The Devil Wear Prada shirt and a pair of my ripped black skinnys, knowing the Sky was most likely waiting on me. Schuyler was my next door neighbor and my only friend. I grabbed my old ipod and putting in the earbuds listening to The Day I Left The Womb by Escape The Fate. "You have a black eye again Alex." "Yeah I know Sky, thanks for reminding me." We started walking towards Lake Gibson High School or as I call it a hell hole. "You know staring at it doesn't make it go away," I snapped at Sky. "Why don't you tell anyone Alex?" "Who's going to care besides you Sky?" She left me alone for the rest of the walk, She knows I'm right no body would really care. "I meet you here after school Alex!" She left with a wave, damn I wish I wasn't in love with my best and only friend. I headed for my locker knowing my left eye will match my right by the time I get home, and waiting for me at my locker was no other than Max who think I'm his punching bag too. "Hey emo! You kept me waiting, I don't like it." Just then he pulled bag, slamming his fist into my chest which sent me backwards then kicked me in the ribs befire walking away. "What's with people and my ribs," I muttered to myself as I got up and grab my notebook. The day passed in a blur and before I knew it I was waiting for Sky with a brand new black eye. "Hey Alex! Ready to g.... Really?! Another one?!" "Wanna trade places or just let it be?" She only sighed and started walking, we always seemed to walk in silence but I liked it that way. Then I saw it, my mother's car. I cussed under my breath and Sky looked at me with a sad look in her eyes, "Sneak over after she goes to sleep and I'll patch you up," she said and kissed my cheek before leaving. I faced my house and walked up the steps to meet my own personal doom. I quitely opened the door hoping she would be passed out drunk, sadly luck is never on my side. "ALEX! GET IN HERE NOW," she screamed at me, I hurried into the kitchen with my head down and whispered, "Yeah mom?" "Where the hell have you been?" "At school." "Look at me when you speak to me!" I looked up just in time to feel her hand connect with my face, then I tuned everything out knowing I'd feel less pain later. Why me? What did I do? Were my last thoughts before passing out.

AN: Okay so it's short but an update is an update! The song Alex was listening to and a picture of Sky is on the side!