Chapter 40

Mallory's POV

I'm standing in the barn with Diablo his hoof was no longer bruised and right now he's the only one I want to be around I was angry I couldn't believe the guys were going to leave us like this. I don't understand why they were leaving we were letting them stay here for free plus you could tell Howie loved Stacey just by the way he looked at her, Kevin and Vanessa had just got back together then there was me and Nick I thought we had a future together so I couldn't understand why they would want to leave. I take a shaky breath then lay my head against Diablo's neck and let the tears fall I was upset because I had fallen in love with Nick and now I was losing him.

Nick's POV

I find Mallory in the one place I knew she would be in the barn with Diablo I walk over and she looks at me I see how hurt and angry she is. "Look Mal I just want to earn some extra money after that I'm coming back I could never stay away from you. This will benefit your family's ranch you would have an important contact please don't be hurt or angry I don't want that for us." She storms past me and climbs in the hayloft for the first time she's not having anything to do with me she didn't even say anything. I follow her up into the hayloft and grab her arm and force her to look at me "Look you crazy, wild, stubborn, girl I will be back!!!! I love you!!!!" I kiss her and she kisses back I pull off my shirt and throw it then she pulls off her shirt and I push her back on the hay and pull off her shorts then unhook my belt and unbutton my jeans." I couldn't stay away from her and I hope she believed me even if she was angry right now.

Vanessa's POV

Kevin and I are standing in the living room I was really upset by this Kevin and I were split up for months and now that we were back together he was wanting to leave again. I was so confused by all of this Did Kevin hate it here? Were his feelings for me changing? Are not paying him and the guys enough? I wipe away the tears and look at Kevin "What is so important you need more money Kevin?" He sits next to me then takes both of my hands in his "I'm doing this for us I can save the money from this job it can be for our future maybe we can buy a house one day so our kids can go to college if they don't want to work on a ranch." I know he's trying to help but it doesn't work I'm still upset that Kevin is going to leave.

Kevin's POV

I feel terrible for hurting Ness again especially so soon after getting back together I didn't mean for any of the girls to get hurt over this the guys and I had good intentions by taking this job. I know without a doubt that Ness and I are meant to be together I start thinking about what I said to her and I really am thinking of the future yes the ranch is a big place but I'm sure Ness would like our own place for our children to grow up. I look at her and get on my knees in front of her "I'm sorry Ness I never wanted you to be hurt by this but this opportunity is just too big for us to pass up but you have to know that I love you Ness." She doesn't say anything or meet my eyes but the tears continue to stream down her face.