Epilogue

December 19, 2078

What is true love?
This is a question asked by many people. Most people believe it's a feeling just waiting to be felt. People will spend their whole life waiting to feel this feeling, hoping that one day it will just show up like in a package on their doorstep. I believe true love is not just the feeling waiting to be felt, but instead it is the way you treat someone. It's having that person you know you would do anything for. You would go to the ends of the earth to make them smile or laugh, even for just a second.

The thought of true love brings a smile to my face. I've seen many people fall in love, but it always makes me happy to see when a couple who truly love each other. It's easy to spot that couple in a crowd, just look for the couple that is not just a couple, but they are best-friends. True love is probably just about the most beautiful relationship you could have with a person.

As I sit here waiting for the train to arrive, I think of the time when I felt true love. I think of Natalie, and everything we shared (which was everything). She changed me, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I eventually moved back into Manhattan, but it was never the same. There will forever be an emptiness in Manhattan for me. I miss her everyday. It eventually stopped hurting as much, and I came to accept the fact that she was never coming back to this Earth. I lived my life exactly how she asked me to. I traveled the world, saw everything we were going to see. I did everything we were supposed to do together, and everywhere I went I carried the envelope Lauren gave me. The letter and the picture are still in there, though they are worn by age. 

Natalie was wonderful. Everything about her was perfect. There was grace in every step she took. She had the power to make others smile just by a simple hello. Her beauty would entrance me and everyone else who saw her. I was just the lucky one who had the chance to spend a lifetime with her.

But not my lifetime, as you may think. I shared her lifetime with her, and soon I will see her again. I know that somehow, in someway, we'll be together again. And in that moment, there will only be her, me, and eternity.