You Fucking Dumbass

Adam had jumped in the car with Olinsky and Halstead, leaving Atwater, Lindsay, and Voight to ride with Kim. He couldn't handle the fear in her eyes, he would rather face a firing squad.

He drummed his fingers on the headrest of Al's seat, he leaned forward forcing himself between the driver and passenger's seat.

"Boss...is it her? Is it London?" Adam asked, he'd watch the little girl grow from a distance. He never knew what had happened between Kim and Sean, which was exactly how he had wanted it..or how he needed it to be. He also didn't understand how anyone could walk away from their child, but it appeared that was exactly what Sean had done.

Hank sucked his teeth, "We don't know, description fits. We haven't gotten a name yet.." which wasn't all that unusual for a case like this, information slowly came in as the hopes of locating the child diminished. "Ruzek, I need you focused on this case..no matter who it is. I need your head in the game...can you do that?"

Adam was taken aback by his boss' words. Isn't that what he had done the last few years? He had put his personal feelings aside for the good of the unit, he had done it without issue.

"Yes. Fuck yes, boss. Isn't that what I've been doing" Adam had difficulty disguising his anger.

It had been years since Adam and Kim had been together, but Hank knew. He knew that despite all of Adam's words to the contrary, he still loved Kim. Sure, he wasn't burning a candle for her..but he hadn't moved on. Hank knew that because he was in a similar position, granted their situations weren't the same..but the result of the circumstances had been the same.

Neither man could move one, one longed for his dead wife, while the other never really let his ex-fiancée go.

Hank caught Adam's eye in the rear view mirror, "Kid, I know that. You have..but this is a different beast. If this is Kim's daughter..."

Adam hung his head, "Don't say it. It can't be her."

Tracey approached one of the security guards, "Umm..excuse me." She was struggling to hold it together, all of the children had been loaded up on the buses and taken back to the school leaving Tracey, Samantha. A school administrator was already en route to the zoo.

"We're doing all we can ma'am" he forced a smile at her.

"Yes. I know." She twisted the wedding band on her finger, "It's just...well, I think you need to know...it's important."

"What is it?" He huffed, his patience was worn thin.

"London. Well, her mother she's a police officer." Tracey explained, "Perhaps we should call her."

He waved her off, "CPD is on the way, they'll do all of the necessary notifications." He turned down the radio on his hip, "Please, go back and sit down. Let us do our jobs, okay?"

Tracey hemmed and hawed a bit, "Shouldn't we let them know..before they get here? Perhaps it's important...that maybe it will change their approach to the case."

He sucked his teeth, "Perhaps...maybe you should've changed your approach to this trip...perhaps that might have helped...no?"

His words hit her right between the eyes, "You don't think I know that?" She spoke through her teeth, "I will never forgive myself...if that little girl is harmed in anyway.." Tracey was near tears, she felt someone tugging on her arm, "Let me go!" She yanked her arm from Samantha's grip.

"Trace...come sit down." Samantha spoked in hushed tones, "Please, come sit." She glared at the head of security, he was an asshole. If the situation hadn't been so dire, she would've thoroughly enjoy ripping into him, "Don't pay him any attention.."