Chapter 10

Elliot's POV

Johnny stops crying and wipes his nose and eyes on his sleeve, "I have heard you mention the name before." He comments.

"Well I never told you the story." I look down at my lap and fiddle with my fingers, I feel Johnny put his hands on mine in comfort. I smiled weakly at him, I know I will be sobbing into my hands by the end of it.

J looks me in the eyes, "you don't have to tell me."

"No, I want to tell you. Okay, so Jude. He was my little brother he was 8 years old, I called him Judy. Anyways, my parents always favored Jude. When Jude would get a 100 on a spelling quiz, my parents would take him for ice cream and leave me at home. When he got below a 70 they would take him to get ice cream to lift his self esteem.

So, one day we were in the car and uh...Jude, he took all of my savings and he spent it on toys. I saw the money sticking out-well the remainder of the money anyways-of his pocket. I asked where he got all that, he said he'd taken it from my room. So I reached in his pockets to try to get the money back, we started fighting and fighting.

Then my mom, she was driving and she turned around to tell us to stop. Then I saw two bright lights coming from Jude's side of the car, and it was a truck. It rammed into Jude's side of the car, he didn't die instantly. But Jude was bleeding internally, and we all watched him cough up blood for hours on end. Then finally, he reached out of my hand.

He held it and he apologized for taking my money and spending it on a toy, he kept rambling on about how I was the best big sister in the world. I-then he died, he was looking into my eyes when he died in that hospital bed. So I had just watched my little eight year old brother die..." I couldn't keep it in.

I just let it all out, I started crying and bawling. Johnny gathered me up in his arms, set me on his lap and he embraced me in a hug, I cried and cried into his shirt.

Johnny started stroking my hair, "shhhh, I can't promise that everything's gonna be okay. But I promise to be here every step of the way." Johnny looks into my eyes repeating the words I once had said to him. This makes me bawl even more, just to know that someone genuinely cares.

"You know Johnny, you remind me of Judy."

"I remind you of an eight year old?" I let out a stifled laugh.

"No, your name starts with 'J'. You both have the same personality, you are very strong emotionally, caring, and kind. Even when it's the other persons fault you take the blame." I trail off on that last part because Jude had taken the blame for his own death.

I cry even more into his chest, "What's going on in here?" I hear Ponyboy say with sternness and concern. I need to be honest, but I don't have the energy to tell the story again. "Me and Johnny are having a heart to heart." I don't even bother to look at pony. Then I realize that I am in Johnny's lap, Johnny's arms are wrapped around my shoulders and my head is in his chest.

I finally get out of Johnny's embrace and face Ponyboy, "Pony, are you alright?" I ask him. Pony glares at Johnny. "What man?" I can tell this is going to get ugly.

"Why were you in Johnny's lap?!" His angry voice echoes through the old abandoned church. "I was comforting Johnny, then I told him a story about me. I got over emotional, and I started crying and bawling and Johnny pulled me in for a hug and I just somehow ended up in his lap." I confess with honesty

"He was comforting me and I was comforting him-""So you decide to get in his lap!?!"

"Pony I was comforting him about last night, and I was telling him a story of my past."

"What about your past?"

"Pony, I really don't want to tell it again."

"You were in his lap! I am your boyfriend I have a right to know!"

"Can we drop this?!"

"Oh, you want to drop it cause you don't want to admit that you are cheating on me!! With my best friend!!!!"

"No, I really don't want to tell it again at the moment!!"

"So you are cheating on me then?!?!??!!!"

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I WAS TELLING HIM THAT HES NOT THE ONLY ONE WOTH BLOOD ON HIS FUCKING HANDS!!! I WAS TELLING HIM THAT I WAS THE REASON FOR JUDE MY EIGHT YEAR OLD BROTHERS DEATH!!!!!" I finally explode not being able to take it anymore.

"PONYBOY CURTIS!!! I HOPE YOU HAD A FUCKING GOOD 2 HOURS CAUSE WE ARE OVER!!!! YOU WOULD HAVE RESPECTED MY SPACE AND WISHES!! So we are over." I just broke up with pony.

Even more tears spill out of my face and I can't take it anymore. I run behind the curch and cry and cry and cry.

PONYBOYS POV

What have I done?

Sorry for the short chapter!!!!