Chapter 6- Dissapointing

I was so happy to be back at his house.

And when we hugged, when he embraced me. All of my worries were gone. I felt safe and protected. Something I've not felt in three years.

I woke up the next morning and got in the shower. After that, I brushed my teeth, hair, and put on deodorant. I walked back to my room, in nothing but a towel.

I froze when I heard a door open. I looked behind me to see Justin. Well, he's already seen me naked. "Um... Yeah okay." Was all he said, before walking downstairs. I blushed bright red and walked into my room.

I put on a gray sweater, jeans, and socks.

As I was blow drying my hair, I couldn't take my mind off of how long it was. It was past my back, and too the middle of my butt. It was heavy, and constantly had tangles in it. I sighed. I need it cut or something.

I butt scooted downstairs, and went into the kitchen. I saw Justin there, cooking... Shirtless.

Wow.

He was in fact built. He turned around and jumped. "Jesus, you scared me." He said, placing a hand over his heart. I giggled. I haven't done that in so long, it felt good. His head snapped up to me. "You laughed. You haven't made a peep since I've met you!" He said smiling. "My god! That's progress Ri!" I smiled and blushed. He gave me a nickname.

No one has ever called me 'Ri' before. Just Ari, or Ana." Never Ri. I liked it. But the thought of anyone else calling me Ri, it just doesn't seem, or feel, right. "It's okay if I call you Ri right?" I look up at him and nod, happily. "Cool." He says, popping a piece of bacon in his mouth.

I checked the time. The clock read, eight a.m.

I walked over and flipped a pancake for him. "Hey, hey." He said amused, wrapping one arm around my waist and pulled me away, simultaneously pulling my back to his chest. "Let me cook for you." He said, close to my ear.

I blushed and looked down.

After a few moments, he moved away and finished cooking breakfast. That felt so normal...

He placed a plate with two pancakes, two pieces of bacon, and some eggs on my plate. I looked at him. "Doc gave me a 'menu' to get you back up to normal weight." I nodded. "Just... Try to eat all of it. You don't have too. Just eat what you can." I nodded.

He placed a glass of orange juice to the side of my plate, and sat down beside me with a plate of his own.

I ate half the pancakes and was full. I was sad because I didn't get to the bacon or eggs. I put my head down and sighed. Justin stopped eating and looked at me. "Ri," he started. "What's wrong?" I pointed to my food. "Aw," he cooed. "Ri it's okay. I said to eat as much as you can."

But I wanted bacon.

He chuckled and brought our plates to the sink.

I stood up and started to help clean. "Ri," he playfully scolded. Moving me away from the stove. "Let me do this for you." I looked at him and sighed. I put my hands up in the 'surrender' position and backed up. He chuckled and continued to clean.

I sat on the sofa and stretched out.

He came into the living room and sat down. I put my feet on him. "Really?" He said. I nodded and moved my feet to his face. He moved away and laughed. I laughed too and kept doing it. He grabbed my ankles and put my legs on top of his lap. "Okay down to business." I nod.

"Tomorrow is later today, the Alpha and Gamma and their mates are coming over for the game." I peeked up.

I love football! "Why are you so happy?" He asked smiling.

I looked at him, then around the room. I saw a framed jersey on the wall. It had the name 'Romano' on it. I pointed to it. "Yeah, that's my d jersey from high school." I rolled my eyes, and pointed again. "Oh! Football!" I nodded.

"You like football?!" He asked. I shook my head and made a heart with my hands. "You love football?" I nodded. He laughed. "A woman after my own heart." He said playfully.

I smiled. "I'm gonna go get dressed okay?" I nod. He smiles, ruffles my hair, and heads upstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and find a whiteboard.

That'll do.

I grab the marker attached to it. I wrote what I was thinking and sat at the island.

I heard Justin's footsteps pad down the stairs, and into the kitchen. I guess he smelled me. "What're you doing in here?" I looked up at him and pointed to the whiteboard. "Ah I see." He said chuckling. "Well, I have just the thing for you. Wait here." I nodded and stayed put.

I'm glad he wasn't mad. I had asked him if I could borrow an extra jersey if he had one.

He came back with the framed jersey from the living room. I looked at him in shock. I quickly shook my head no. I couldn't possibly wear his old high school jersey.

"I insist." He said, opening the frame, and pulling out the jersey. I sighed. I felt bad, it seems like this means a lot to him. "It'll be a bit big on you, but you'll look cute." I blushed. I took the jersey and examined it. It was a bright red jersey with white numbers, and letters.

The jersey read, Romano, with the number 18 under it.

"People will be here at three thirty, four-ish." I nodded. I'll start getting ready at three then. I don't wear makeup, so I won't be too long.

It's three o'clock now, so I head upstairs to get ready.

I put on leggings, Justin's jersey, white socks, and my white converse. I re-applied deodorant, brushed my teeth again, and brushed my hair. I put it up in a high ponytail.

I chilled out in my room for a bit. I ended up falling asleep.

I felt someone shaking me awake. I woke up and saw Justin. "Hey, it's three twenty five." I sat up and smiled. "I wanted to talk first." I sat criss crossed, and listened.

"I don't know if you'll be nervous around new people." He said, sitting on the bed beside me. I nodded my head. I only really trusted Justin, even then it wasn't one hundred percent.

He faced me, sitting criss cross on the bed.

I did the same.

"Just... Know," he started, looking into my eyes. We stayed like that for a moment, he slowly raised his hand to cup my cheek. Usually, I would have jumped, and cowered away. But with him, it all felt right.

"That if it gets too overwhelming, you can come up here, and stay here. I won't be mad." He said.

Slowly, he leaned in. I let him, I actually ended up leaning in too.

Just as our lips were about to meet, the door bell ring.

Justin cleared his throat, and pulled away. I was disappointed for some reason. I wanted that kiss.

"I'll go get the door." I nodded and sighed.

He got up and got the door.

So disappointed.