Chapter 9- Birthday

I woke up with a smile, I looked at the time. 8:30 a.m. I still have five more hours until I'm eighteen years old! I can find my mate... But then I'd have to leave Justin behind.

Sighing, I got up, showered, and did my usual morning routine. I took out a pair of shorts, and a black t-shirt. I had no makeup here with me, which was fine. I felt blessed to have full brows and long lashes.

But being kidnapped ruins that in you.

I put my new hair in a pony tail and headed downstairs. The smell of bacon hit my nose. I smiled, and walked into the kitchen. Sensing my presence, Justin turns to me. "Good morning, Ri! Are you officially eighteen yet?" He asked smiling. I shook my head, and held up five fingers.

"Ah! Five more hours..." He flipped the bacon and turned back to me. "Excited?" He asked. I smiled widely and nodded.

"Well, here is your birthday breakfast!" He cheered. He set down crepes, bacon, and freshly cut fruit. I almost drooled. I looked at him like he was a god. The girl who gets to be his mate sure is lucky.

He's handsome, he's strong, funny, charming, sweet, tall, and to top it all of, he can cook.

I envy his mate.

"Remember, only eat as much as you can." I nodded and dug in. He laughed and dug in as well. I groaned, I just had a foodgasm.

Who knew food could be so delicious? He chuckled again. "Good?" I nodded and continued eating.

I looked at my now empty plate in shock. I turned to Justin. "You ate all of it?!" He smiled. "Ri! You did it!" He tackled me in a bear hug. "I'm so proud of you!"

My heart swelled with pride when he said that. He's proud of me.

Two hours passed and it was about time for the others to arrive.

The doorbell rang and Justin and I greeted them. Cassie gasped. "You got a hair cut!" I nodded. "It looks absolutely gorgeous, Ari!" I smiled again. "Oh! By the way," she started, turning towards Vince. When she turned back around she had a blue box. "Happy birthday!" I smiled wider at her.

Genevieve and Max gave a slightly smaller green box, and also wished me a happy birthday.

We were all in the living room, laughing and having fun. "So, Ariana, how much longer until you're officially eligible to find your mate?" Vince asked. I held up three fingers. "Awesome." He said. I didn't miss the look Cassie and Gen shared.

There's no way the moon goddess would be that kind to me.

An hour later, Justin came out

"Alrighty! Here's the cake!" Justin announced, walking with a cake, frosted with lavender roses.

He set it down and lit the candles. Everyone sang happy birthday to me, and cheered once I blew out the candles.

It feels nice to have a birthday party.

I leaned back into the couch as Max cut the cake. "Two more hours!" Justin said, nudging my shoulder. I smiled and nodded.

He looked almost sad. I was too. Two more hours and I'll be able to find my mate.

It's bittersweet.

Almost two hours later, and it's now one twenty five. Meaning I have five minutes until I'm officially eighteen.

I don't think I've ever been so excited.

I sat in my seat anxiously. I stare at the clock, willing time to go faster. Justin and all of them are just talking and having a good time.

I don't why, but I can tell that in five minutes something huge will happen. You know, aside from the fact I'll be eighteen.

The conversation is in full swing so I decide to join. Maybe time will go faster if I don't pay attention to it. I look at Cassie and Genevieve. They're cuddled up to their mates. Max kisses Gen and I see Justin grimace.

"Ew, PDA." He says, mostly teasing. "I can't wait until you find your mate," Gen starts. "You'll get to see how hypocritical you're being."

"I'm not being a hypocrite."

She rolls her eyes. "Please," she scoffs, "you'll be the exact same way when you find her." Justin just laughs and shakes his head.

I glance at the clock for the billionth time today. 1:28 pm. I smile widely. Two more minutes.

I turn to Justin. He's laughing at something Vince said. "Vince that's such a dick move." Max says, laughing too. Vince just shrugs. "Cassie didn't think so." At that, Cassie's cheeks turn bright apple red.

I realize my mouth is dry, so I get up to get water.

I fill the glass. I feel something shift in me. I brush it off, and head back to the living room.

As soon as I enter, a loud growl shakes the house. The room gets silent. For the first time in years, I feel my wolf. And she's going crazy.

Justin gets up and walks towards me. As soon as he reaches me, and as soon as I make direct eye contact with him, I know I've found him.

The glass drops out of my hand, shattering on the floor.

I hear a gasp come from one of the girls. But I don't care, it feels as though Justin and I are the only two people in the world.

He grabs me by the waist and pulls me into a gentle, yet tight hug. I hug back, and bury my face into the crook of his neck, just inhaling his scent.

"Finally," he whispers.

I can't believe he's my mate. This might actually be the best day ever. I don't have to leave him.

He pulls away from me, keeping his hands on my hips, he doesn't say anything. He just looks into my eyes. He looks so deep into my eyes, I feel like he can see every last aspect of my life.

I feel my lips turn up into a smile, just a little bit.

Seeing this, he smiles too.